The Asian Institute of Management has an available open rank faculty position in the area of Strategic Management. Faculty members report to the Associate Dean of the Institute.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (ESSENTIAL)
- A doctorate degree in Management or Business Administration, or closely related field, with an international publishing track record.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE GAINED IN AN INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT (DESIRABLE)
- Professional experience in strategic management, business systems, organizational behavior, international business, and other relevant fields
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (DESIRABLE)
- Local or international business school teaching experience (preferably at AACSB- or EQUIS-accredited schools at postgraduate level is desirable)
- Experience in teaching courses at the graduate level
- Practices participant-centered learning
- Familiarity with teaching and developing online courses
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Demonstrable expertise in the fields of strategy and business systems, and an in indepth understanding of international business and organizational management
- Desirable areas of expertise and specific research interests may include:
- Strategic Management
- International Business
- Business Systems and Processes
- Cross Functional Management
- Organizational Transformation and Excellence
- Information Systems
The faculty is also expected to actively engage in various Program, School, and Institute committees and participate in community service. Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills are also required. Faculty members have the following teaching, research, and citizenship responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching in degree and non-degree programs
- Play a significant role in the design, development, planning, and review of courses, modules, etc. for degree and non-degree programs
- Provide general guidance and support to students, and give timely and relevant feedback
- Mentor students undertaking capstone projects, learning labs, and other projects or activities
- Aim to be recognized as a thought leader in their chosen field, developing and maintaining an external profile appropriate to the discipline
- Perform research and scholarly activities and remain current
- Undertake research and publish in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals
- Uphold the Institute's values in all activities, both personal and professional
- Be an active and responsible member of the Institute's collegial body and be willing to accept administrative assignments as the leadership sees appropriate
- Contribute to the management, administrative processes, and committee responsibilities of the Institute
- Actively take part in activities of Programs, Schools, and Institute
Applicants must apply online by submitting their 1) letter of interest and 2) a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, including educational background, work and/or consulting experience, and a list of the applicant’s research publications here.
For questions on the application processes and requirements, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.