|Salary:||£40,927 to £50,296 per year.|
|Placed On:||23rd June 2022|
|Closes:||14th July 2022|
The University of York has established the School of Physics, Engineering and Technology (PET) that will formally launch in August 2022. The School will bring together existing strengths in the departments of Electronic Engineering and Physics and allow expansion into new areas. As a School, equality, diversity, and inclusion are central to our working environment and we strive to provide a working environment which allows all staff and students to contribute fully, to flourish, and to excel. We aim to inspire young people to engage with science and engineering through our outreach work.
The York Physics of Life (PoL) Group in the School of PET at the University of York comprises approximately 50 researchers who combine both biophysics/biological physics experiment and theory, whose research activities span multiple length scales from quantum biology and individual molecules through to single-cell physics and the biophysics of cell populations and complex tissues. PoL is one of PET’s major discovery research groupings. Since PoL’s inception in 2018 there have been significant emergent activities that align either directly with addressing biological questions using physical sciences techniques and analysis, or with developing new physics ideas inspired by the life sciences, including the use of biological or bio-inspired devices and materials.
The primary role of the PoL Research Officer is to help co-ordinate and support research activities within PoL for 80% of their time, whilst developing their own independent research activities for the remaining 20%. They will support both experimental and theoretical activities across the PoL research portfolio. They will manage the provision and access to experimental theoretical/computational equipment used across PoL, directing the research support needed within the PoL groups and liaising with collaborating researchers. They will act as a key point of contact with other research support staff both within PET, and across other departments and research centres in the University and externally, to best facilitate the support of the activities of PoL researchers.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
You will have:
Interview date: TBC
For informal enquiries: please contact Mark Leake on (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University strives to be diverse and inclusive – a place where we can ALL be ourselves.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background, who are underrepresented at the University.
We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. #EqualityatYork
Type / Role: