The School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics at Oxford Brookes University provides an intellectually stimulating, friendly and supportive environment in which to work and study. The School has recently embarked upon a new strategy that has seen an increase in student numbers, the introduction of new degrees, and the establishment of new international partnerships.
We have also recently secured significant funding from the Office for Students, which enabled us to enhance our resources to include state-of-the-art virtual reality Multiview Cave, Computer Integrated Manufacturing demonstrator, ABB robots and deep learning computing suite with more purchases planned.
We are looking for an inspirational and talented colleague with expertise in CAD for Mechanical Engineering, preferably experienced user of SolidWorks, NX, Catia or similar software modelling to join the team. If you have the ambition, ability and passion to make a difference through your teaching and research, then join our team and become part of our vibrant community of educators and researchers.
If you are an aspiring Senior Lecturer in CAD, then we have an opportunity for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Providing teaching on relevant advanced modules on undergraduate and postgraduate Engineering programmes;
- Supporting high levels of student achievement, and high levels of student satisfaction;
- Assisting the Head of School in the day-to-day management of the School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics;
- Assisting implementation of the new programmes and development of new programmes and partnerships;
- Assisting implementation of University and Faculty/ School strategies for enhancing the student experience, including the enrichment of teaching and learning by research and professional engagement;
- Undertaking administrative duties commensurate with the role of module leader;
- Undertaking teaching and research/ scholarship in the School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics.
You should have:
- A PhD or equivalent in Mechanical or Robotic Engineering or related discipline;
- A demonstrable track record of teaching excellence, and a proven track record in research/ scholarly activity;
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
How to apply:
Complete the online application form, attach your CV and publications list and provide a personal statement which includes examples of how your skills and experience meet each of the selection criteria in the person specification which are attached to the job description.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You’ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.