We are Study Group. A leading international education provider that partner with leading Universities to deliver bespoke Higher Education pathway courses. An excellent opportunity has opened for a part-time Chemistry Tutor at our University of Sussex International Study Centre. We are keen to speak to candidates with a wealth of experience in the higher education sector, looking to make a real difference to the lives of international students in the UK.
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Sussex ISC.
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Prepare and deliver teaching lecture, seminar, tutorial, practical and workshop sessions both online and face to face
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Work with the Centre’s Professional Services team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings
Academic management and personal development
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities
- Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or closely related discipline. (Essential)
- MSc. Or PhD in a related discipline (Desirable)
- Teaching qualification or Fellowship of the HEA (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education (Desirable)
- Experience of working with international students (Desirable)
- Knowledge of and ability to teach Chemistry to Foundation/A-Level (Essential)
- Awareness of health and safety procedures in the science lab, and ability to design and conduct safe and legally compliant lab activities in the context of teaching Chemistry (Essential)
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.) (Essential)
- Ability to develop and update teaching and assessment material (Desirable)
- Ability to teach other related STEM subjects or wider STEM skills (Essential)
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.