Location: London Portsoken Street
Maintaining student records and providing a first-class service to students.
As a University Central Administration Officer, you will be a key member of the University Central Administration and Enquiries team and will be responsible for maintaining students’ records from the point of registration to conferment of award as well as providing a first-class service to students in respect of managing and responding to queries.
What you’ll be doing
- Responding to student queries via the Case Management System, email, and telephone across the University Central Administration Department (including exam details, results, transcripts, letters, ID cards, changes to personal details, etc.)
- Assisting with results releases
- Monitoring, management, and reporting of interruptions of study, transfers, suspensions, and withdrawals
- Liaising with various departments across the organisation
- Responding to informal student complaints
- Responding to reference requests during peak times
- Assisting with student onboarding support, such as distributing ID cards
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties commensurate with the level of the role
- Undertaking all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the rules and regulations
- Adhering, complying, and working in accordance with University and Departmental policies, procedures, codes of conduct and GDPR.
- Participating in training and professional development associated with the role
Choose a better work-life balance
With hybrid working available, you’ll be able to split your time between one of our centres and wherever you choose to call home. Either way, you’ll benefit from a vibrant workplace and a culture that believes in looking after others, while being part of a diverse workforce where difference is celebrated. In addition, you’ll work alongside other like-minded professionals who champion progress, while having opportunities to develop in an environment where creativity and innovation is rewarded. On top of a competitive salary, we provide a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days, and there’s a rewards package that includes retail discounts, Group Personal Pension Plan, dedicated healthcare, and dental plans that offer additional assurance to look after you and your family. Brilliantly, you can also study any of BPP’s courses for free – be it a professional qualification or full degree.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of working in a professional academic support team, in a higher education academic support service or other relevant administrative setting.
- Familiarity with MS Office and possessing a high level of IT competency
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with students and staff in a helpful and professional manner
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to prioritise a diverse and demanding workload working to often competing deadlines in a calm manner
- Ability to interpret academic regulations and policies and apply them to your day-to-day work
- Evidence of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a professional manner and calm approach in a busy office environment
- Confident individual with a strong team working ethic with a can-do attitude
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.