Do you want to turn evidence into practice and improve health and social care?
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to help drive our work on the knowledge mobilisation and dissemination of research. The National Institute for Health and Care Research is the UK's largest funder of health and care research, supporting the people, facilities and technology needed for research to thrive.
The Dissemination and Knowledge Mobilisation team helps bridge the gap between research and practice. We are developing innovative approaches to share and promote NIHR-funded research. Our growing knowledge mobilisation activities, including webinars and training materials for researchers, inform our approach.
The Research Fellow will work collaboratively with our team to support our knowledge mobilisation and dissemination activities, including wider thought and strategic leadership across the NIHR.
- Develop training and other resources to help researchers to be better knowledge mobilisers and disseminators of their research.
- Help gather and curate dissemination and knowledge mobilisation resources for researchers into a centralised repository.
- Contribute to the implementation of our recent Maximising Impact Review, which covered activities to promote dissemination, knowledge mobilisation
Liaison and coordination of knowledge mobilisation communities
- Represent the knowledge mobilisation community on the Impact & Evaluation committee.
- Identify other knowledge mobilisation and dissemination leads
- Contribute to the promotion of Dissemination and Knowledge Mobilisation nationally and internationally
- Engage with national and international funder networks to identify and share best practice.
Dissemination and Knowledge Mobilisation Research
- Contribute to the identification and delivery of research projects that inform the activities of the evidence and dissemination team.
NIHR accessible research summaries
- Advise and support the dissemination and knowledge mobilisation team on the writing, dissemination and knowledge mobilisation of their accessible research summaries; undertake ‘scientific edits’ of draft summaries
- Write at least two thematic summaries (Collections) per year on NIHR-funded and/or knowledge mobilisation related research.
- Postgraduate experience/qualification in knowledge mobilisation or implementation science
- A postgraduate degree in a health or social science
- The capacity to communicate complex scientific concepts and ideas
- Experience of the UK health and care system
- A track record of successful management and delivery of projects
- Experience of liaising with individuals in a variety of organisations
- Experience of working in or with NIHR
- Experience/qualifications in science communication for a variety of audiences
- Experience of public speaking and presenting
- Previous experience of helping to support and develop more junior staff, including developing training materials
Behaviours and Competencies Required:
- A proactive, self-motivated, flexible individual who can work creatively and independently,
- Confidence and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Exceptional organisational skills, including attention to detail
- An engaging personality with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter that clearly demonstrates your experience against the required criteria.
NB: The closing date for this position is the 23rd of February 2023, we are intending to schedule interviews on Thursday 9th March 2023.