How to Write a Cover Letter for Research Jobs
An ebook with tips and examples to create the perfect cover letter
The power of the cover letter in making an effective job application should never be underestimated. A good cover letter will grab the employer’s attention and make them want to read your CV. The purpose of your cover letter and CV together is to whet the employer’s appetite, to establish you as a serious contender for the post and to persuade the recruiter that you are worth an interview.
This book focuses on cover letters for roles in research and addresses:
- When to send a cover letter
- What format to use
- How to tailor it to a particular role
- Marketing yourself in the cover letter
- The do’s and don’ts of cover letter writing
- An example ‘before’ and ‘after’ cover letter with detailed explanations of the improvements made
- A checklist for you to ensure your cover letter is as effective as possible.
What do you think about this resource? Email your thoughts and feedback to us