jobs.ac.uk is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. When signing up for a jobs.ac.uk account or our Jobs by Email service, we collect your name, email address, location and job searching preferences. We will not contact you other than to send you the jobs by email bulletins you have subscribed for or any email communications that you have consented to from us around company news, conferences, meetings or events. We will not distribute any of the details you provide to a third party. We have put in place suitable security procedures to safeguard your information.
You can withdraw your consent for the communications above at any time by editing your profile or clicking the relevant unsubscribe link in any emails received.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
To exercise any of these rights an individual needs to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No fee will be charged although we reserve the right to charge a fee if a data subject access request is made or the request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive, or to refuse to comply with the request in these circumstances.
You can also amend your details or delete your account at any time by logging into your jobs.ac.uk account and updating your details online.
Complaints or queries
Data Protection Officer
University of Warwick
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to. However, please bear in mind that the ICO does recommend that data subjects approach the data controller in the first instance with any queries/complaints.
We keep this document under regular review and any updates will be uploaded to this page. This statement was last updated on 25th May 2018.