About the University of Gloucestershire
The University of Gloucestershire is a diverse, vibrant community of 9,000 undergraduate students, 1,000 postgraduate students, 40,000 alumni and 1,000 staff.
The University is based across three campuses in Cheltenham and Gloucester and organised over ten academic Schools. The University has long excelled in education, media, sport and fine art.
Some quick facts about the University – read more on our website:
- Training teachers since 1847 – outstanding primary school training as rated by Ofsted
- Students rank us highly for “good personal relationships with teaching staff”, “offering tuition in small groups”, and “helpful and interested staff”*
- Through our DegreePlus programme every year more than 3,000 students have the opportunity for a placement or internship
- 94% of our graduates are in employment or further training within six months of completing their degrees**
- £2.7m has been invested in a unique partnership to develop a “Growth Hub” to support businesses in the area through promoting skills, innovation and enterprise
- Staff and students volunteer 10,000 hours for community projects supporting more than 150 organisations.
- We are a pioneer and sector leader in sustainability, ranking in the top five in the People and Planet League since it began and a regular winner at the annual Green Gown Awards.
* Times Higher Education Student Experience survey 2014
** Destination of Leavers in Higher Education data 2014