Fulbright - Elon University Scholar Award
The US-UK Fulbright Commission
£3,795 converted salary* per month
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||12th September 2016|
|Closes:||6th November 2016|
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is now accepting applications for its 2017-18 Elon University Awards
Up to two grants are available to UK academics and professionals to lecture/teach and pursue independent research in any subject area offered at Elon University, for a period of one semester or a full academic year.
Elon University is consistently cited as one of today’s greatest success stories in American higher education. With a spirit of innovation, a strong student-centred mission and a commitment to excellent teaching, Elon provides a national model for high-impact educational experiences. Elon develops graduates who have a deep sense of their roles as global citizens and an intense passion for making a difference.
The Fulbright-Elon University Scholar Award will offer the following benefits:
- A grant of $5000 per month as a contribution towards travel to/from the US and general maintenance costs while in the US
- On-campus accommodation for the grant duration
- A number of memberships
- Sickness and accident benefit coverage
- Visa sponsorship
- Substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (July)
- Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
- Membership of an extensive Fulbright Alumni network after grant completion
Applicants must be a UK citizen (resident anywhere) and hold or expect to receive a PhD (or equivalent professional training or experience) in a relevant area before departure to the US. Those who hold or who are eligible to hold US citizenship, or who are resident in the US at the time of application, may not apply for an Award from the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
CLOSING DATE: 6 November 2016 for complete applications
For full information and to apply please click the Apply button below.
Share this job
Type / Role:
North, South & Central America