Fulbright â University of South Florida Postdoctoral Scholar Award
The US-UK Fulbright Commission
£30,360 converted salary* per annum
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||12th September 2016|
|Closes:||6th November 2016|
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is now accepting applications for its 2017-18 University of South Florida Postdoctoral Award
One award will be offered to a qualified British postdoctoral researcher to carry out research for up to one-two academic years at the University of South Florida (USF) in any of the following disciplines only: Applied Anthropology; Applied Physics; Cell, Micro, and Molecular Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science and Engineering; Criminology; Integrative Biology; Marine Science; or Psychology.
USF is one of the largest public universities in the US. Located in Tampa Bay on the west coast of Florida it has a student body of nearly 48,000 and a high impact global research focus. This award is named in honour of Dr. Judy Genshaft, USF’s current President.
The Fulbright-University of South Florida Postdoctoral Scholar Award offers the following benefits:
- A grant of $45,000 for per academic year for a maximum of two years. $40,000 is intended as a salary, with $5,000 allocated for associated living costs such as medical insurance.
- A number of memberships
- Sickness and accident benefit coverage
- Visa sponsorship
- Substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (July)
- Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
- Membership of an extensive Fulbright Alumni network after grant completion
Applicants must be a UK citizen (resident anywhere) and hold or expect to receive a PhD (or equivalent professional training or experience) in a relevant area before departure to the US. Those who hold or who are eligible to hold US citizenship, or who are resident in the US at the time of application, may not apply for an Award from the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
CLOSING DATE: 6 November 2016 for complete applications
For full information and to apply please click the Apply button below.
Share this job
Type / Role:
North, South & Central America