Dean - Academic Affairs
|Placed on:||30th August 2016|
|Expires:||31st October 2016|
Saveetha University seeks to appoint a Dean – Academic Affairs at Saveetha University, Chennai, T.N, India.
The Academic Dean has overall responsibility for the quality of the academic program and especially the following in terms of programme management, development and assessment.
- Responsible for the annual academic plan as part of the University’s strategic planning process; to create and manage the master academic schedule. To ensure a balance between academic deadlines, co-curricular and residential activities.
- Responsible for providing strategic direction to create, manage and access dynamic value based educational programme.
- Responsible for the overall evaluation of the Academic Programmes.
- Facilitate Student academic counselling and relevant support to students with special educational needs.
- To be an advocate for and to take a prominent role in the development and fulfilment of the University’s Learning and Teaching strategy.
- To ensure that university regulatory frameworks, codes of practice, policies and procedures governing the taught programmes are developed to increase the learning effectiveness.
- To encourage creativity and fruitful innovation in teaching that feeds directly into enhancements in student learning and the student experience.
- Responsible for supervision & evaluation and setting of professional development targets for teaching faculty, librarian, lab technician, registrar & assistant and any other potential position in the academic area;
- Contributes to the budget preparation and management of all academic spending (planning and execution of the budget) and coordinates the preparation of the academic components of the budget
- Responsible for reviewing the academic plan in consultation with the Head, and for planning and costing new curriculum components.
- As a senior member of the staff, the Academic Dean may be delegated with other administrative tasks from time to time.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Phd. from any discipline related to Engineering, Technology, Health Science, Law & Management.
- Should have served as Senior Faculty for minimum of 10 yrs. in a reputed University.
- Should be able to device strategies, set goals and formulate best practices to effectively manage and monitor academic programmes.
- Should have leadership qualities to academically develop faculty members to take all relevant entities and units along with him/her towards achieving the educational goals of the university.
- Should have proven academic records to justify the suitability of the candidature for the said position including curriculum development, programme management, programme accreditation & assessment and teaching & learning practices.
Interested persons may send in their detailed C.V to:
The Registrar, Saveetha University, 162 Poonamallee High Road, Chennai – 600 077.
Phone: 91-44-6672 6677 – Extn. 1178.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East