Dean - International Affairs
|Placed on:||30th August 2016|
|Expires:||31st October 2016|
Saveetha University seeks to appoint a Dean for International Affairs at Saveetha University, Chennai, T.N, India.
- Provide university-wide leadership to various areas in order to internationalize the University including research, outreach, culture, diversity, curriculum, partnerships, grants, and entrepreneurial activities.
- Provide direct supervision to international affairs staff and coordinate with other supervisors regarding dual reporting roles.
- Establish an action plan to implement strategic initiatives and international activities.
- Communicate and collaborate with various internal and external constituents.
- Represent the university in dealings with foreign partners and manage relationship with foreign partners.
- Represent the university to agencies on matters relating to International Affairs; seek grants and resources from external agencies to fulfill the university’s vision.
- Create collaborative programs pertaining to international student and their issues
- Attend and be visible/present in events/programs on campus that are relevant to international student and their issues
- Outreach to other student organization, academic colleges and administrative areas addressing similar issues including, but not limited to, Diversity Development, Intercultural Student Services, the Cultural Resource Centers, University Housing and Dining Services related to international students and faculties.
- Be a student advocate for international affairs and strive to create a safe, open environment
- Work closely with the Directors of Government Relations issues and policies concerning international students in higher education.
- Conduct research projects, such as surveys, petitions and focus groups in order to gather student concerns and interests.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Phd. from any discipline related to Engineering, Technology, Health Science, Law & Management.
- Should have served as Senior Faculty for minimum of 10 yrs. in a reputed University.
- Should have exposed to international academic societies and culture.
- Should be able to best represent the university to international communities, students and faculty members in line with the goals of the university.
- Should be a person with universal personalities including rich interpersonal skills, understanding on different cultures and people from different ethnic origins and international legal frameworks related to academics.
Interested persons may send in their detailed C.V to:
The Registrar, Saveetha University, 162 Poonamallee High Road, Chennai – 600 077.
Phone: 91-44-6672 6677 – Extn. 1178.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East