Dean - Research
|Placed on:||30th August 2016|
|Expires:||31st October 2016|
Saveetha University seeks to appoint a Dean - Research at Saveetha University, Chennai, T.N, India.
- Promoting and facilitating leading-edge research, including collaborative and interdisciplinary research, in areas related to the goals of the university;
- Building, and providing sufficient support for, a community of innovative researchers to enhance research capacity at the university and to increase internal and external research opportunities for faculty, post-doctoral fellows, and graduate students;
- Taking initiatives and promoting relevant activities to obtain research grant.
- Developing networks between the research centre and researchers in the field in the public and private sectors, locally, nationally and internationally;
- Where applicable, developing mutually beneficial linkages with industry in order to develop partnerships and collaborative research;
- Developing strong linkages with appropriate academic departments and units and adding value to line departments through: • aiding faculty and student recruitment and retention by enriching the research environment; • advancing curriculum; • informing the teaching of colleagues; • mounting workshops and seminars; • providing interdisciplinary research training and mentoring for undergraduate and graduate students; and • regular communication of research centre activities and opportunities for faculty and students involvement.
- Ensure the University meets its strategic goals in research as articulated in the Vision and Strategic Plan
- Ensure the University meets its reporting obligations to all government, regulatory, and other external bodies in relation to research.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Phd. from any discipline related to Engineering, Technology, Health Science, Law & Management.
- Should have served as Senior Faculty for minimum of 10 yrs. in a reputed University.
- Should have obtained research grants and successfully completed funded research projects.
- Exposure to research administration including formulation of strategies, policies and best practices to improve research performance in a reputable academic institution will be preferred.
Interested persons may send in their detailed C.V to:
The Registrar, Saveetha University, 162 Poonamallee High Road, Chennai – 600 077.
Phone: 91-44-6672 6677 – Extn. 1178.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East