Behavioural Insights Consultant
RSA Insurance Group plc - Telematics
|Placed on:||5th September 2016|
|Expires:||5th November 2016|
We are currently looking for a Behavioural Insights Consultant to join the business in Horsham. Our Telematics business is built on the fact that we can improve driving behaviour, reducing accidents and therefore making our customers safer and our business profitable. Results to date have been good but we think by introducing this role to drive further behaviour improvement we can save more lives and make more money. This is a unique opportunity to mould a new role within a market leading team.
The role will optimise outcomes by combining idea generation with rapid testing through randomised controlled trials and other methods. It hence requires a combination of customer understanding and analytical ability.
You’ll be responsible for testing, understanding and influencing customer behaviours, largely across our UK direct to customer book (MORE TH>N SM>RT WHEELS) but also inputting into our other products in the UK and overseas. While the main part of your role will be around improving our customers driving, you’ll also look at customer behaviour in other areas such as when they buy or renew.
Some examples of the specific areas you’ll be looking at are below, but you will undoubtedly find other areas where we can influence behaviour to drive the right outcomes:
How do we get all of our drivers to drive safer?
- What information do we provide to our customers on their driving and how to improve it?
- How do we provide it?
- How do we get our customers to engage with it?
- What incentives should we be giving to customers?
How do we intervene in cases of poor driving?
- Which drivers should we make specific interventions for?
- When should we do this?
- What format should that intervention take?
- What is the wording or other specifics of that intervention?
How do we use the buying process to drive both sales and customer behaviour?*
- What should our web buying journey be?
- What should our phone buying journey be?
- To what degree do we want to encourage purchase via one route or the other?
How do we encourage (the right) customers to stay with us?*
- How do we make customers want to stay with us for more than just price?
- What should our renewal process be?
* indicates that responsibility is shared or sits elsewhere, but that your input will be key
So What Do I Need?
- Experience in improving commercial and/or organisational performance.
- Expertise in designing, executing and analysing randomised controlled trials.
- Commercial acumen.
- A focus on delivering results to the business.
- The ability to see things through the eyes of the customer.
- Flexibility to re-evaluate and adjust thinking when presented with new information.
- Willingness to think outside the box and challenge “standard” methodology where appropriate.
- Ability to identify priorities and structure action accordingly.
- To be able to use your judgment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Specific experience in any or all of the following would be helpful: psychology, user experience design, personal lines insurance.
With a 300 year heritage, RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational quoted insurance groups with over 20 million customers worldwide. Focusing on general insurance, RSA's core markets are the UK and Ireland, Scandinavia, Canada and Latin America with the capability to write business in around 150 countries in total. We have around 20,000 employees and, in 2013, our net written premiums were £8.7 billion.
Behavioural Insights Consultant
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England