Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor / Full Professor in Computer and Electronic Information
Shantou University - College of Engineering
£13,500 to £45,000 converted salary* per annum depending on appointment level
|Placed on:||9th September 2016|
|Expires:||9th November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Shantou University (STU), founded in 1981，is a comprehensive university jointly supported by the Ministry of Education, the Guangdong Provincial Government and the Li Ka Shing Foundation. It is the only public university in the world that receives long-term funding from the Li Ka Shing Foundation. The University campus is located in the northwestern part of Shantou, a seaside city, covering a total area of 1.26 square kilometers with a floor space of 435,200 m2. STU ranked global 601-800 in the “Times Higher Education World University Rankings” in 2015.
The College of Engineering invites applications for multiple faculty positions with expertise in computer science and electronic information engineering.
The Department of Electronic Information Engineering(DEIE) consists of 2 master programmes ,2 undergraduate programmes and Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Digital Signal and Image Processing. The content of researching and teaching at DEIE involves artificial intelligent and robotics, signal processing, wireless communication, etc. Under the long term and strong support of Li Ka- Shing Foundation, the department has a talented group of faculty dedicated to excellence in researching and teaching. We have equipped our laboratories and classrooms with state-of-the-art facilities for research and multimedia teaching. Our goal is to prepare students to become capable engineers and future technological leaders in the ever-changing world of high technology. In recent years, the department encourages gained outstanding research in the areas of artificial intelligence, data mining, network and information security and software engineering.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Conduct full-time teaching and research in the area of Electronic Information Engineering, Communication Engineering, Electronic Design and Image Processing, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics and Software Engineering, Computer Systems Architecture, or Network Security
- Have obtained a PhD degree from an internationally renowned university
- Have relevant teaching and/or research experience in a leading university
- Any previous research project experience with track record will be an excellent bonus
Compensation and Benefits:
- RMB 200,000-400,000 yearly salary for Full Professor, RMB 180,000 -250,000 yearly salary for Associate Professor, RMB 120,000 -200,000 yearly salary for Assistant Professor
- Provide health insurance with BUPA and accidental insurance with AIA
- Offer a point-to-point-round-trip air ticket each contract year
- Free accommodation
- Shoutou University term holiday, summer holiday runs from July to August and about 4 weeks winter holidays around Chinese New Year
- For the newly recruited faculty who are with doctoral degrees as well as senior and vice-senior professional titles, if their spouses have no jobs, the University will offer each a subsidy of RMB 2,000 per month
How to apply:
- A softcopy of updated C.V in MS Word, PPT or PDF version.
- Supporting materials about academic achievements.
- Clearly state the specific position you apply for in your application email.
To learn more about working & living in China, please visit: www.jobs.ac.uk/careers-advice/country-profiles/china
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East