London School of Business & Finance - LSBF
|Salary:||£20,000 to £22,000|
|Placed on:||16th September 2016|
|Closes:||4th November 2016|
About Us: The Academic team is responsible for creating the ethos of success in which the business leaders of tomorrow thrive. Comprising of highly qualified, seasoned business professionals and academics from around the world, our faculty are dedicated to ensuring students succeed in every endeavour, from gaining chartered accreditation to achieving career enhancing qualifications. They provide invaluable knowledge and insight, acquired from years spent at the highest levels of business and academia.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Developing high quality teaching material using contemporary literature.
- Suggests activities to engage with a diverse student population
- Supporting and guiding students in relation to completing their course assessments.
- Develop professional relationship and build rapport with students by way of out-of-class academic support and pastoral care.
- Share content with the academic team at least one week before the module commencement.
- Ensure the student content is uploaded on My Page prior to class
- The assignment guidelines and breakdowns are created and shared with the students and academic teams.
Academic Content Management/ Planning and Organising
- As part of a team, participates and delivers own and team’s objectives and support fellow team members.
- Continuously monitors own performance and provides ongoing reports of progress to line manager.
- Organises own work with reference to others, is flexible, continually assessing performance and reassessing priorities as required.
Financial and Resources management
- Limited responsibility for financial and other resources other than adhering to company policy on invoicing, expenses, incurring costs e.g. printing costs, travel etc.
Quality and Service Provision/Dealing with Problems
- Designs content or learning materials within existing frameworks and makes appropriate modifications.
- Provides support, advice and information to staff, students and external institutions as and when requested.
- Comply with the Company’s core Policies and Procedures as detailed within the Company’s Employee Handbook and/or communicated by the HR Department from time to time.
- To ensure that all relevant ‘Recruitment’ and ‘New Starter’ Procedures are followed.
- Bachelor’s and Master's degree and a teaching qualification supported by extensive professional/teaching experience.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Have high standards and well-developed pastoral skills and instincts.
- Ability to enthuse and encourage students
- Ability to plan lessons, scheme of work and content which allows students to become an active learner.
- Good subject knowledge.
- Understanding of equal opportunities.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to a variety of groups.
- Offering students one to one support with the course.
- Professional training in your given area
- Good student management experience.
- Developing a positive learning environment.
- Participating in departmental activities including administration duties.
- Experience of teaching in a Further and Higher Education institutes.
- Experience teaching Home, EU and international students.
Apply: Please send an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com or contact a member of the team to discuss further.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
LSBF is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Share this job