Programme Officer - 2017 LâOrÃ©al & UNESCO For Women In Science Fellowship Programme
|Salary:||£25,000 per annum Pro Rata|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||3rd October 2016|
|Closes:||4th November 2016|
|Job Ref:||FWIS PROGRAMME OFFICER’|
Term: 4-month contract commencing January 2017
The L’Oréal-UNESCO UK & Ireland For Women In Science Fellowship programme (www.womeninscience.co.uk) is designed to promote and highlight the critical importance of ensuring greater participation of women in science, by awarding promising female scientists with fellowships to help them further their research.
The UK and Ireland Programme is run by L’Oréal UK & Ireland, the UK National Commission for UNESCO & the Irish National Commission for UNESCO and is run in partnership with The Royal Society.
The ‘Programme Officer’ will be responsible for the smooth operation of the fellowship cycle, working closely with the For Women In Science UK & Ireland management team. The position is based primarily at the UK National Commission for UNESCO in central London and will work to a 4-month contract
Specific responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Responding to and monitoring all enquiries about the Fellowships (both on email and by phone)
- Monitoring and maintaining the Fellowship online application system
- Using a Content Management System for the online applications (training will be provided)
- Liaising with the digital agency to maintain the website
- Keeping FWIS programme timeline updated
- Supporting partners on all administrative tasks
- Providing regular update reports to the For Women In Science management team
- Assisting L’Oréal in the development and issuing of PR and marketing collateral
- Checking applicants meet the Fellowship eligibility requirements
- Allocating applications to academic readers
- Liaising with shortlisted candidates, winners, readers, the Jury Panel, as well as past and present Fellows
- Drafting and issuing invitations to awards ceremony and coordinating RSVPs
- Assisting with the preparations for the interview day and award ceremony
- Event support
- Monitoring, evaluation and detailed analysis of the programme
Essential skills required
Academic background required: Completed a post-graduate science degree.
Project Management: Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills – able to work effectively to deadlines, to manage ad-hoc projects that arise and ability to manage time in a flexible manner
Administration skills: Excellent Excel and Word skills, happy to use a Content Management System for the online applications from candidates.
Scientific knowledge: Understanding of science, technology, maths and engineering, and good understanding of UK and/or Irish academic research careers.
Database knowledge: Ability to work with various databases. Knowledge of data selection processes and data analysis
The network you would work with
Report to: Head of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), L’Oréal UK & Ireland
- Communications Manager, Finance & Office Manager, and Chief Executive of the UK National Commission for UNESCO
- Scientific Partner organisation: The Royal Society
- Scientific Experts: Jury panel and readers (academics)
- Agencies: website, design agency and PR agencies
- The wider scientific community: FWIS applicants, invitees of the FWIS awards ceremony, universities and institutions etc.
- Close of applications: Friday 4th November 2016
- Interview dates: Week commencing 21st November 2016 (must be available that week for Interview)
- Start date: Monday 9th January 2017
- End date: Friday 12th May 2017
Applications: Send covering letter and CV to COMMS@uk.loreal.com with subject line ‘FWIS PROGRAMME OFFICER’. or FWIS Programme Officer Applications, Corporate Communications – 8th floor, L’Oréal UK Ltd 255, Hammersmith Road, London. W6 8AZ
Share this job