Careers and Enterprise Company
|Salary:||£33,000 to £45,000 Salary depending on experience|
|Placed on:||21st September 2016|
|Closes:||24th October 2016|
Location: Central London
Reporting to: Head of Research and Data
Work as a key part of a small team (4 people) building the evidence base about ‘what works’ in careers and enterprise activities, as well as the interaction between employers and schools/colleges. Support an ambitious and fast-paced programme of research with rigorous research and analysis skills, as well as good project management of partners.
1) Research and analysis support
- Identify, consolidate and synthesise existing evidence (research, best practice and data).
- Design research studies which can help to advance the evidence base around careers and enterprise education.
- Collect and analyse data using a range of research methods.
- Use a range of software tools to support research and analysis (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Nvivo).
- Produce reports and articles for a range of audiences.
- Investigate and use innovative approaches to presenting data and research findings e.g. using data visualisation techniques e.g. tableau.
- Give presentations on the evidence base in careers and enterprise education.
2) Working with stakeholders
- Work closely with other members of the Company.
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders including other researchers, policymakers, our partners in the LEPs and practitioners.
- Produce research informed content suitable for a range of stakeholders including the public, young people, employers, educators, providers, researchers and policy makers.
3) Project management
- Manage a portfolio of research projects including those delivered by external contractors and experts.
- Work with finance and procurement teams to ensure that projects are procured appropriately, well managed and delivered on time and in budget.
- Ensure the production of high quality research outputs.
Qualifications and experience required
- A Masters or Doctoral degree (or equivalent experience) in a social science discipline e.g. education, psychology, sociology or economics.
- A track record of working as a professional researcher.
- Experience of social research, ideally in education. Experience of evaluation design will be particularly useful.
- Experience of using a range of research methods to collect and analyse data including quants and quals.
- Knowledge of the English education system, particularly relating to careers and enterprise provision.
- Experience of writing for publication.
- Project management experience.
Skills and competencies
- The ability to conduct literature reviews.
- Quantitative research skills including the ability to conduct a broad range of statistical analysis tasks (e.g. familiarity with concepts such as sampling, significance testing, T-tests, Chi-squared tests, correlation and causation).
- Qualitative research skills including approaches to qualitative data collection and analysis (conducting focus groups, interviews etc.).
- Collaborative and good at building relationships; working with colleagues and partner organisations.
- The ability to write clearly and persuasively for a range of audiences.
- The ability to communicate orally to a range of audiences.
- Analytical, creative and strategic and a good problem solver.
- Pragmatic and adaptable.
- A positive team player.
Please visit https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/work-for-us and follow the application instructions.
Share this job
Type / Role: