Head of Subject - Law
London Metropolitan University - Guildhall School of Business and Law
|Salary:||£51,129 to £63,909 per annum inclusive of London Weighting|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||22nd September 2016|
|Closes:||31st October 2016|
London Metropolitan University is a diverse, vibrant institution, located at the heart of one of the most exciting cities in the world. London Met prides itself with transforming through excellent education, making education available to people from all walks of life plays an important role in society and the local community. London Met is committed to making education available to people from all walks of life and plays an important role in society and our local community.
Guildhall School of Business and Law is located in the heart of London’s commercial district; home to some of the biggest global banking corporations and Law firms in the world. Our network of industry partners, our committed and expert teaching, and our excellence in research, make “Guildhall” a rewarding place to study and work. We have three dedicated departments; Business and Management, Law and Professional Courses (including Professional languages)
The Law department has just re-located to Moorgate, from Aldgate, to be an integral part of the School. Our undergraduate, postgraduate and professional programmes are supported by a team of expert lecturer many of which are qualified and practising Barristers or Solicitors.
About the post
Reporting to the Dean you will provide leadership and strategic direction to maximise the School’s performance in teaching and knowledge exchange, research and professional course provision. The post is offered on a fixed term basis and will be reviewed, subject to projected student numbers, in 2018.
The successful applicant will:
- Lead effective change in Law to achieve strategic planning processes, ensuring the portfolio aligns to university strategic objectives and addresses the changing environment of PSRBSs
- Lead, motivate and effectively manage departmental staff, ensuring all individuals contribute effectively to overall success of the school.
- Ensure staffing of the school is appropriate for the achievement of the schools strategic ambitions including succession planning, recruitment and selection, workload allocation and attendance management
- Lead the implementation of effective mechanisms for home and overseas recruitment, delivery of courses, assessment and feedback
- Engage with, and where appropriate, set the agenda in national and international academic debates and within professional bodies, learned/practitioner societies and governmental committees
- Lead the department's internationalisation strategy and ensure portfolio and curriculum aligns to a widening access and TNE demand.
- Champion and provide strong departmental leadership in support of the Schools third stream income development, and the profile and reputation building that ensures subject excellence and its recognition
- Proactively manage all aspects of Award portfolio quality, annual monitoring and student experience in relation to pathways and modules offered and associated off-campus delivery locations.
- Develop and manage external networks and links with professional bodies and other relevant stakeholders to help profile and reputation building for the School
- Undertake all curriculum management duties required of the Head of Department, as set out in curriculum structures, AMR, NSS and TEF
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Dean’s PA, Hema Joshi on 020 7320 1668.
Share this job
Type / Role: