Full Professor of Distributed Systems
Alpen- Adria- Universität Klagenfurt - Institute of Information Technology
£58,463.94 + converted salary*
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary, Permanent|
|Placed on:||28th September 2016|
|Closes:||31st October 2016|
In accordance with the provisions of § 98 of the Austrian Universities Act, the Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt is seeking to appoint a
Full Professor of Distributed Systems
at the Institute of Information Technology, Faculty of Technical Sciences, on a full-time contract, initially for a 5-year fixed term, with an anticipated starting date of October 1st, 2017. Based on evaluation, the advertised position allows for the possibility of conversion to continuing employment.
The university aims to appoint an individual with excellent qualifications and an international scientific reputation, who is capable of representing the discipline of Distributed Systems in research and teaching with great commitment, and who can develop and execute a sophisticated and forward-looking research programme.
The key focus areas of the professorship, which will be an integral part of the Informatics degree programmes, encompass fundamental technological and methodological principles as well as specific fields of application of Distributed Systems. Potential key focus areas include, but are not limited to: Distributed Multimedia Systems (existing focus area); Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing; Internet and Cloud Computing; Autonomic Computing; Internet of Things; Middleware/Software Engineering for Distributed Systems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Representation of the academic field of Distributed Systems in research and teaching within the scope defined by the overall institute, faculty and university profiles
- Planning and teaching courses in German and English in Bachelor, Master and Doctoral degree programmes for Informatics, Information Management, and Information and Communication Engineering
- Further development of degree programmes
- Technical and didactic supervision of students at all levels of qualification (incl. Doctoral degree)
- Support and qualification of young scientists
- Initiation and implementation of interdisciplinary, interfaculty national and international cooperation arrangements
- Acquisition, realisation and management of competitive externally funded projects as well as cooperation with industry
- Active contribution to shaping the long-term development of the institute and to its positioning within the international scientific community
- Active participation in university management
- Excellent track record of research and publication activities pertaining to the remit of the professorship
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification in the fields of Informatics or Information Technology
- Proven teaching experience gained in the university sector and skills in the didactics of higher education pertaining to the remit of the professorship
- Experience with the conception and implementation of externally funded projects
- Leadership and organisational expertise as well as the capacity for teamwork
The successful candidate shall also demonstrate:
- Persuasive conception and design of the future research and teaching portfolio pertaining to the remit of the professorship
- Continuation of, and active participation in the ongoing development of, existing key focus areas at the institute
- Integration in the international research landscape
- Capability for interdisciplinary cooperation
- Skills in the area of gender mainstreaming and diversity management
The university is committed to increasing the number of women among the academic staff, particularly in high-level positions, and therefore specifically invites applications from qualified women. Among equally qualified candidates, women will receive preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases who meet the required criteria are explicitly invited to apply.
The salary is subject to negotiation. The minimum salary for this employment grade (A1 acc. to the collective agreement for university employees) is currently € 67,800 per annum (gross).
For full information and how to apply, please refer to: https://www.aau.at/blog/universitaetsprofessur-fuer-verteilte-systeme/ and https://www.aau.at/en/blog/full-professor-of-distributed-systems/
(full English text, provided for information purposes only)
Share this job
Type / Role: