Post-doctoral Researcher - Metabolism modelling
|Salary:||£30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience|
|Placed on:||29th September 2016|
|Expires:||29th November 2016|
Optibrium is looking for a post-doctoral researcher to lead a research project focussed on the development and validation of new methods for the prediction of drug metabolism. This project will be conducted in collaboration with Lhasa Limited and will offer the opportunity to work with two of the leading groups in the field, as well as in collaboration with academic and industrial researchers.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, physics or a related discipline
- Demonstrate experience applying ab initio and/or semi empirical quantum mechanical modelling to complex reactions, ideally in biological systems
- Have a good understanding of cheminformatics methods and their application
- Be innovative, self-motivated, dependable and enjoy problem solving
- Possess strong communication skills and a 'can do' attitude
The role will be based in Cambridge, UK with opportunities to travel for collaborations and to attend conferences.
If you would like to join a small, entrepreneurial team developing new applications of computational chemistry and cheminformatics in an industry-leading software platform, please contact email@example.com.
Optibrium provides elegant software solutions for small molecule design, optimisation and data analysis. Optibrium’s portfolio of products includes:
- StarDrop™, which creates an intuitive, highly visual and flexible environment to facilitate and speed up lead identification and optimisation, quickly targeting effective candidate compounds with a high probability of success downstream.
- Sentira™, an easy-to-use, dynamic data visualisation platform that helps to quickly spot patterns in compound data, analyse structure-activity relationships and elegantly present and report results.
- Asteris™, an iPad app that enables researchers to explore new compound ideas when and where they want, by combining highly intuitive chemistry drawing tools with StarDrop’s visually informative predictive modelling.
Founded in 2009, Optibrium continues to develop new products and research novel technologies to improve the efficiency and productivity of the drug discovery process. Optibrium works closely with its broad range of customers and collaborators that include leading global pharma, agrochemical and flavouring companies, biotech and academic groups. For more information, please visit www.optibrium.com.
Lhasa Limited is a not-for-profit organisation and educational charity that facilitates collaborative data sharing projects in the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and chemistry-related industries.
A leader in the production of knowledge-based (expert) and machine-learned (statistical) systems for scientists, Lhasa Limited continues to draw on over thirty years of experience to create user-friendly, state of the art in silico prediction and database systems for use in metabolism, toxicology and related sciences. For more information, please see www.lhasalimited.org
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England