Kaplan Open Learning
|Salary:||£21,000 to £23,000|
|Placed on:||30th September 2016|
|Closes:||21st October 2016|
Reports to: Quality & Enhancement Director
Kaplan Open Learning (KOL) delivers online degree courses for the University of Essex under the brand name of University of Essex Online. The University and Kaplan have developed a partnership over the past eight years to offer high quality online courses
Summary of Role
The Quality and Enhancement team is the central focus for the management of governance and academic quality assurance within Kaplan Open Learning. The team provides support and guidance in relation to: quality assurance processes, academic regulations, board of examiners processes, academic appeals, academic offences, mitigating circumstances, applications for Accredited Prior Learning (APL), student feedback and freelance tutor management. The team also provides secretarial services to the formal academic meetings such as Board of Examiners, Academic Board, Course Committee and others as required.
We are looking for an experienced administrator who has excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. The role requires the willingness to understand and adapt to new challenges in an organised manner and the ability to work effectively both in a team and independently. Due to the cyclical nature of the work you will also be required to work flexible hours during peak periods of activity. Excellent IT skills are also required, particularly in Excel and Word.
In your day to day activities you will be forward thinking and proactive, providing a high quality service, with excellent attention to detail and the have the ability to respond to varied competing demands.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Good general education with GCSE Maths and English grade A-C or equivalent.
- Experience of working in higher education administration is desirable
- Experience of assimilating and interpreting complex regulations and procedures
- Experience of working in academic quality assurance would be desirable.
- Experience of organising and minuting meetings using an appropriate written style
- Interest in and understanding of the student experience.
- Ability to prioritise, co-ordinate own workload and work to set deadlines.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as and when required
The Benefits (Some Are Subject To Eligibility Criteria)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection schemes
- 25 days holiday
- Working hours 37.5 per week
- Central Leeds location
- The opportunity to grow as part of a division in a successful multi-national education company
Kaplan is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. If you require any adjustments or additional support within the recruitment process, please contact us directly.
Application Procedures: To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Carol Dadd. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Please click here to download the Job Description
Quality & Enhancement Director
Direct Dial: 0113 388 8871
Share this job
Type / Role: