University of Warwick - Finance Office
Up to £48,000
||14th October 2016
||3rd November 2016
★ View Employer Profile
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s great success stories. In less than fifty years since being founded we’ve become one of the country’s best universities, consistently in the top 10 of UK league tables and rapidly climbing the international rankings of world class universities. With a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit and a group turnover in excess of £500m, the University offers exciting career opportunities for ambitious accountants.
You will be responsible for providing accurate and timely management information to senior management, heads of academic and administrative departments and directors of commercial activities. You will support planning, decision making and financial control, and reporting to external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Based in the University’s Finance Office your responsibilities will include:
- The preparation of financial information for academic, administrative and commercial activities including management and financial accounts, planning, reports to committees, budgets and forecasting
- Project work including the preparation of full business plans and critical appraisal of projects and new ventures
- Providing advice, constructive criticism and counsel on a variety of financial matters, including market analysis, pricing policy, business risk and performance indicators
- Assisting in the preparation and review of the University Group’s management and statutory accounts and five year plans
- Review of proposals and contracts for income-generating activity, in conjunction with the Finance Office’s Contracts Team, ensuring compliance with University procedures, best practice and commercial application
The Successful Applicant:
- You will be an ambitious and pro-active individual with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- You will possess a recognised professional accountancy qualification and a good honours degree, or equivalent.
- You will have significant experience within a finance function or within practice and possess a sound knowledge of accounting standards and good overall technical awareness.
- You will have substantial experience of the preparation of business plans, management and financial accounting and have a good knowledge of VAT and corporation tax.
- You will have excellent IT skills, including Excel and an in depth understanding of the structure of large scale financial information systems, e.g. SAP.