Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University - University Marketing and Communication
||6th October 2016
||6th December 2016
Are you a higher education marketing manager interested in an international position in China? We are looking for Marketing Manager to develop and implement innovative strategies and initiatives that contribute to the growth and reputational objectives of the University. You would be both strategic and “hands-on,” ready to roll up your sleeves to get project work completed to impeccable standards. You are also well-grounded in marketing theory and best practice, have extensive experience in leading multi-cultural and international marketing initiatives, a skilled planner, lead effectively through influence, and have a passion for education and international engagement.
- Research, develop and implement marketing and communication plans and programmes that promote the XJTLU brands, degrees and other courses of study, schools, research, institutional partnerships, corporate engagement and knowledge transfer;
- Engage inclusive marketing planning processes and deliver actionable plans; establish key performance indicators and other measurements of success and monitor results;
- Contribute to development and administration of marketing budget/s; monitor spending, variances and returns on investment;
- Undertake market research to inform marketing and recruitment strategies, monitor competitive intelligence, etc. for the University overall, for specific geographic markets or for specific academic programmes;
- Help develop and promote XJTLU’s brands, identities and profiles and apply consistently to a wide range of marketing channels;
- Plan and produce digital marketing campaigns that include electronic direct mail, web marketing, social media, etc.
- Plan and produce integrated marketing communications that may include print collateral, advertising, promotional events, marketing merchandise, public relations, etc. to achieve campaign or programme objectives;
- Work extensively with content team to identify stories and other content for websites, collateral material, digital/social media marketing initiatives, videos, campaigns, direct marketing, etc.;
- Prepare marketing campaigns or bespoke collateral to support student recruitment at educational fairs, establish KPIs and work with recruiting teams to monitor effectiveness;
- Provide input for the University’s social media strategies, integrating into various marketing communication plans;
- Contribute to the development and promotion of new marketing opportunities with companies, clients, partners, agencies, institutions, as appropriate;
- Share best practices with colleagues and participate in professional development activities;
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships both internally and externally;
- Direct and supervise the work of marketing officers and assigned project teams, as appropriate;
- Such other duties, commensurate with the function of the position, as might be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in business or marketing is essential; MBA, master’s degree in marketing or business communication, CIM Diploma or equivalent postgraduate qualification/s is preferred;
- Ideally Five to seven years of experience in marketing management in a corporate or institutional setting is essential; directly relevant experience and in-depth knowledge of higher education is preferred;
- English is essential; working knowledge or fluency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus;
- Experience managing integrated marketing campaigns and programmes;
- Significant experience with digital marketing and electronic direct marketing is strongly preferred;
- Experience working with creative teams to develop complex projects such as collateral material, videos, websites or advertising;
- Experience line-managing staff; and
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally; ability to work extended and flexible hours including evenings or weekends.
Skills and Knowledge
- Superior marketing and business writing skills are essential; excellent oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are also required; and
- Proven track record in researching, planning and administering similar comprehensive marketing programmes.
- Highly productive self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects and effectively manage competing priorities and tight deadlines;
- Excellent planner and project manager who is resourceful and analytical with a well-developed ability to research, evaluate information, plan strategies and assess risk;
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiating and communication abilities; ability to work within teams, to speak publicly, to interact with different stakeholders and sectors, to gain new allies and to promote coalition work;
- Skillful leader with good judgment who can provide direction in planning, organizing and coordinating activities and project teams;
- Creative and flexible with ability to develop new approaches to advance goals and objectives;
- Tactful and enthusiastic with a “can-do” attitude; able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment under public scrutiny; and
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems and take responsibility for decisions; welcomes opportunities for feedback and is “coachable.”
Initial enquiries and your CV should be sent to Leslie Gryce Sturino (UMCjobs@xjtlu.edu.cn), Director, University Marketing and Communication. Candidates will subsequently need to apply online to progress their application.
About the University
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) was jointly founded by Xi'an Jiaotong University (China) and the University of Liverpool (UK). It is the largest international collaborative university in China and the only one where all undergraduate students receive a UK and Chinese degree (dual award) from the Chinese Ministry of Education and from the University of Liverpool.
The University currently offers over 30 undergraduate degree programmes across a wide range of disciplines. XJTLU also offers 30 masters programmes accredited by the University of Liverpool. XJTLU has a diverse and talented team of over four hundred academic staff, with forty nationalities. There are currently over 9,000 students on campus and a further 2,500 studying at the University of Liverpool as part of a 2+2 articulation agreement.
To learn more about working & living in China, please visit: www.jobs.ac.uk/careers-advice/country-profiles/china