Research Assistant (Laboratory Manager) in Pathogen Genomics Laboratory
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
|Salary:||Internationally competitive salary|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary, Permanent|
|Placed on:||12th October 2016|
|Expires:||12th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
The research assistant/lab manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the laboratory and for assisting other members in the laboratory in running and optimizing next generation sequencing protocols. The candidate will be responsible for ordering reagents, for the maintenance of laboratory equipment, and provide training to new users where necessary. The candidate will also be responsible for health and safety (H&S) in the laboratory, liaising with KAUST Health & Safety to ensure KAUST H&S guidelines are followed.
- Run and optimize various next generation sequencing protocols.
- Ensure all laboratory equipment are serviced and maintained with up-to-date service contracts and order reagents and consumables as and when needed.
- Ensure all Health and Safety compliance with KAUST regulations.
- Supervise and mentor other lab members with protocols/assays, keep all documentation and provide training on use of new equipment.
- Present project results to internal and external collaborators.
Organization Pathogen Genomics Laboratory (PI: Prof. Arnab Pain)
Division BESE Division
- Experience in generation of excellent Next Generation Sequencing data
- Experience with protocol development and optimization of experiments
- Experience with coaching others
- Expertise with a range of laboratory equipment in a microbial genomics laboratory.
- Experience implementing Health & Safety within a laboratory.
- Experience with a range of molecular and microbiological techniques.
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes
- High degree of technical competence, accuracy and good laboratory manners.
- Confidence and ability to interact with the scientific community.
- Very good interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English - oral and written.
- Ideally 5 years experience in a genomics laboratory including molecular biology and microbiology methods.
- Ideally 3 years experience writing risk assessments, maintaining the laboratory for H&S inspections.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references by email to Arnab Pain at arnab.pain[at]kaust.edu.sa. The position comes with an internationally competitive salary and benefits package and is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East