Oxford Brookes University - Oxford Brookes Information Solutions (OBIS)
|Salary:||£38,896 to £42,488|
|Placed on:||6th October 2016|
|Closes:||26th October 2016|
Directorate of Oxford Brookes Information Solutions
Location: Gipsy Lane Site, Headington campus
Oxford Brookes Information Solutions (OBIS) has responsibility for provision and support of IT services across the University, and has now secured funding to expand in support of enhanced service and project delivery.
The Business Analyst role is responsible for collaborating with staff throughout the University, including senior managers, to gather requirements for new computer systems (or changes to existing ones) and to provide appropriate business case, business analysis and development documentation and support to ensure realisation of those systems and
Your line manager will be the Solutions Architect for the business improvement team
Qualifications required for post: University degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science or Business Administration. Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Experience required for post:
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with IT development staff, users and senior managers to define and deliver IT services,systems and solutions.
- Solid understanding of IT project management and planning including milestones, critical paths and change management.
- Experience in working with senior management and stakeholders to scope projects, manage customer expectations and support business process change
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires,surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios and other methods;
- Build effective networks with stakeholders across the University in order to aid the prioritisation of IT system requirements and to communicate and manage user expectations;
- Translate user requirements into options analyses, process and data models as the basis of further application development or procurement activities;
- Collaborate with application development teams to ensure informed system build and development activities;
- Ensure successful IT service and system delivery through robust testing processes;
- Analyse and define the mechanism for data migration and data integrity;
- Support stakeholders in creating end-user documentation in support of University wide communication, training and implementation activities;
- Implement formalised change control processes, version control and audit histories;
- Ensure deadlines are met according to the agreed project plan and timetable;
- Contribute towards project risk registers and issue logs, and inform contingencies and risk mitigation;
- Develop professional interests and external activities associated with the needs of the services and to promote the enhancement of the University's reputation, including representing the University on relevant international, national and regional bodies;
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England