Postdoctoral Research Assistants (Two Posts)
University of Dundee - Gene Regulation and Expression
|Salary:||£31,076 to £38,183 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||6th October 2016|
|Closes:||6th November 2016|
Two postdoctoral scientist positions for ambitious scientists to join a collaborative research project between the Laboratory of Quantitative Proteomics, headed by Prof Angus Lamond, located at the Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression at the School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, and Boehringer Ingelheim (BI, one of the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical companies).
The project will be centred on the characterisation of the proteomic and phosphoproteomic landscapes of primary human NK and T cells under different stimuli and/or pharmacological manipulations.
The potential applicant will have access to a state of the art proteomics laboratory including several Thermo Orbitrap Fusion and Q Exactive Plus mass spectrometers as well as additional HPLC systems for the offline fractionation of peptides and proteins.
- PhD in a relevant discipline in the fields of biology or chemistry.
- Experience with Proteomics centric LC-MS/MS and Proteomics analysis software packages, e.g. Mascot, MaxQuant, Proteome Discoverer, etc.
- Data analysis and statistics software packages, e.g. Excel, Perseus, R, etc.
- Capable of working in a team, but able to plan and work independently.
- Familiarity with high resolution FTMS.
- Familiarity with sample preparation and processing for analysis of posttranslational modifications of peptides/proteins.
- Proficiency in in handling and analysing large datasets using bioinformatics approaches like pathway analyses using DAVID, GSEA, etc.
- Background in Protein Biochemistry, Immunology or Signal Transduction.
These positions are available for 2 years.
Starting salary for these positions will be on the University of Dundee Grade 7 scale points 29-30 only (£31,076–£32,004 per annum).
Appointment as a Postdoctoral Research Assistant on the Grade 7 salary scale is dependent upon you having been awarded a PhD. An appointment may be considered if you are shortly expected to be awarded a PhD. The initial appointment will be made as a Research Assistant on the Training Grade 7 salary scale (Spinal Point 28, £30,175).
Share this job
Type / Role: