Professor in the College English Program
Seoul National University - Faculty of Liberal Education
|Salary:||Monthly salary is 2,972,000 KRW|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||7th October 2016|
|Closes:||28th October 2016|
Spring 2017 Teaching Professor Position at SNU
The College English Program of the Faculty of Liberal Education at Seoul National University is hiring qualified fulltime instructors who will teach College English courses for the university’s undergraduate students from Spring 2017.
Period of Employment
March 1, 2017–February 28, 2018. The contract is annually renewable.
- Fluent speaker of English;
- A master’s or higher degree from an English speaking country;
- A total of four or more years of teaching and/or graduate study experience.
*Candidates from all areas of specialization will be considered, although preference may be given to those with EFL-related credentials and teaching experience at the university level.
- Teaching twelve class hours per week (usually four courses) in each of the two fifteen-week semesters;
- Teaching one summer or winter session course per year for overtime payment;
- Performing teaching-related duties requested by the College English Program and participating regularly in faculty meetings and workshops.
The monthly salary is 2,972,000 KRW. Overtime pay rate for additional teaching hours is 35,000 KRW per hour.
Fulltime instructors with a foreign citizenship will be paid 600,000 KRW as a monthly housing allowance and eligible to stay in an on-campus apartment for the duration of the contract. Monthly rent of the apartments varies between 398,000 KRW (studio apartment) and 630,000 won (two-bedroom apartment for the married). Please note that two-bedroom apartments are extremely competitive.
- Cover letter;
- Photocopies of all undergraduate and graduate academic diplomas and transcripts;
- Two recommendation letters (desirably, including one from your previous [Korean, if applicable] employer);
- A photocopy of the passport ID page
- Official records of all previous employments (including information on the actual periods of employment).
* Final candidates will be requested to bring the original copies of all diplomas and transcripts to the interview for verification purposes.
Deadline and Contacts:
The application deadline is October 28, 2016. You can send a hard copy of your application package via surface or express mail to the address below:
Ms. Jaeyeon Shin
College English Program
Humanities Complex 3–212
Seoul National University
1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu
Republic of Korea
Or you can email a scanned version to Ms. Shin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that documents sent to us as part of the application package will not be returned to you.
Final candidates will be contacted by November 18 and informed of the interview and demonstration lecture schedule.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact Ms. Jaeyeon Shin at +82-2-880-5881 or at email@example.com. Visit our website (http://cep.snu.ac.kr) for the details of the program, and the website of the Korean Immigration Office (http://www.hikorea.go.kr) for information on visa issues.
jobs.ac.uk in an international job board and therefore advertises for organisations offering jobs in overseas jurisdictions to which UK and EU equality law does not apply. Consequently, job adverts may be published which could be construed as incompatible with UK law, but which are entirely lawful within the employers’ jurisdiction entitling them to publish the job adverts on jobs.ac.uk accordingly
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East