Core Systems Manager
University of Reading - Information Techonology
|Salary:||£39,324 to £48,327 per annum.|
|Placed on:||7th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
The University of Reading is in the top 1% of Universities globally and is supported by a central IT department committed to delivering quality services to students and staff. A number of new services are being introduced to deliver an enhanced experience to customers from across the University.
The Core Systems team underpins these new services, delivering essential systems and services across the infrastructure layer which provide the foundation for all IT services across the University.
We are looking for a Core Systems Manager to lead and develop a team of Core Systems Engineers and Senior Core Systems Engineers and ensure that the services and systems are delivered to high levels of quality and efficiency. You will be expected to investigate, develop and deliver new methods for delivery of core services.
You will have:
- proven ability in people management skills, within an IT service environment;
- excellent knowledge of core IT infrastructure (such as storage, servers, email and collaboration tools);
- knowledge of SaaS and IaaS services (e.g. Office 365, Azure, AWS)Understanding of industry best practice relating to change and release management;
- ITIL Certification to at least Foundation Level or equivalent experience;
- experience in the management and development of centralised storage, server and services within a large and complex environment.
We will provide a flexible, friendly and dynamic working environment, along with a pension scheme, good annual leave provision, training opportunities and the chance to work in an environment with a wide variety of challenges.
Informal Contact Details
Contact role: Assistant Director, Development & Operations
Contact name: Anton Lawrence
Contact phone: +44 (0)118 378 4531
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Informal Contact Details
Contact role: Assistant Director, Services & Support
Contact name: Steve Gough
Contact phone: +44 (0)118 378 6212
Contact email: email@example.com
To formally apply, please visit www.reading.ac.uk/jobs or contact Human Resources, University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO Box 217, Reading RG6 6AH. Telephone +44(0)118 378 6771 (voicemail).
Please quote the relevant reference number.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Share this job