Joint Director of Education
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Trust - Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the University College London Institute of Ophthalmology
|Placed on:||7th October 2016|
|Closes:||26th October 2016|
Moorfields Eye Hospital and the Institute of Ophthalmology are entering a new and exciting phase of their joint development through the appointment of a joint Director of Education. Both organisations have high ambitions for education, and share a vision to bring education, learning and development centre stage in support of world class eye care and world beating research. Our new joint Director of Education will bring the drive, ambition and passion to deliver this vision.
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Moorfields is an organisation internationally recognised for innovation and for delivering leading edge ophthalmic treatment, research and teaching. We continue to be at the forefront of new NHS developments and lead the field in research and development of eye disease. We are four years into an exciting 10 year strategy which, in addition to plans for a new state-of-the-art £400m hospital in central London, will also expand our education offering, which has been a core function at Moorfields for over two hundred years. Our ambitious vision for education is that anyone, anywhere in the world who wants to learn about eyes looks to Moorfields first, and our mission - excellent education, together with excellent research, driving excellent clinical outcomes and care - demonstrates our commitment to building a unique learning culture with a global presence and claiming our position as a world leader in ophthalmic education.
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
UCL is one of the UK’s premier universities. It is a world-class research and teaching institution based in London whose staff and former students have included 29 Nobel Prize winners.
The Institute of Ophthalmology is one of a number of specialised biomedical research centres within UCL and is, together with Moorfields Eye Hospital, one of the world’s leading centres for eye health, vision research and training.
- Lead the implementation of each organisation’s ambitious education strategy, creating synergies by aligning the two into one overarching plan.
- Lead the development of education capability across both organisations, including the establishment of a learner focused education service, engaging with learners and education commissioners to offer an exceptional learning experience.
- Build market presence, by supporting the business development staff to identify the best client mix through market research and sustaining and developing relationships with existing and potential new clients locally nationally and in the future, internationally.
- As a member of the MEH Board, provide advice and guidance on all strategic education matters.
- An experienced and well respected education specialist with experience of operating at board level within a major teaching hospital, university or allied organisation; candidates with clinical backgrounds will also be given strong consideration.
- Recent experience in designing and delivering innovative healthcare education programmes, and of managing people and processes to achieve income growth in professional or commercial settings
- Personal credibility, comfortable working with stakeholders, colleagues and staff at all levels; international experience and networks would be desirable.
Share this job
Type / Role: