Associate Professor in Security Studies
Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia - Department of Security Studies and Criminology (SSC)
£86,654.85 to £95,313.82 converted salary* p.a. (Level D), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
|Placed on:||7th October 2016|
|Closes:||6th November 2016|
- Innovative and supportive academic environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite childcare
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor. The campus is surrounded by beautiful parkland and supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, and a campus train station.
One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators. Our research is gaining global recognition and with two research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
The Department of Security Studies and Criminology (SSC) sits within the Faculty of Arts. It operates as a high-level, cross-disciplinary department offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and opportunities for research in the many areas associated with security studies. SSC draws together senior academics and leading industry professionals specialising in research, theory and practice associated with security, protecting both the national interest and the rights of individuals and groups within society.
The Department is seeking an outstanding Associate Professor with expertise in one of the following research areas: Conflict, Security and Development; Peace and Conflict Studies; Intelligence Studies; or Emerging Technologies and Military Innovation.
To be considered for this position applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and attach it as a separate document in the application process in addition to your CV and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- A PhD or equivalent relevant doctorate
- Outstanding contributions to scholarship and research in the discipline as evidenced by ongoing publications in top tier journals and recognition as an eminent authority in the discipline
- Leadership skills and extensive experience in mentoring research students and staff
- A national and international reputation in research
- Proven ability to attract industry funding or competitive grant funding
- Demonstrated willingness to undertake management responsibility at a senior level in the Department, and to contribute at the faculty and the University level
- Distinguished record of high quality teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and HDR supervision
- High quality interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- Demonstrated leadership role in the profession and a commitment to professionalism
Salary Package: from AUD $142,197 - $156,406 p.a. (Level D), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, continuing
Applications Close: Sunday 6 November 2016 at 11.55pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
For more information and to apply, visit our website: jobs.mq.edu.au, and search under the job title or job reference number 498755.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Share this job
Type / Role: