Arts Research and Development Co-ordinator (KTP Associate)
Manchester Metropolitan University
|Salary:||£23,000 to £27,000|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||10th October 2016|
|Closes:||31st October 2016|
Contract type: Fixed Term
Average weekly working hours: 37.50
End date or duration: 24 Months
An exciting opportunity for a Masters level candidate, with excellent research skills, to develop a new-to-world validation system for socially-engaged artists that will champion their role and value in society, enhance engagement and underpin the transformation of Axisweb to a sustainable, self financing agency through increased membership and other service offerings.
You will work full time on a 24-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between Manchester Metropolitan University and Axisweb. Employed and supported by a team of academic experts from the university, you will be based at the company’s premises in Wakefield.
For more information on Validation Beyond the Gallery research at MMU commissioned by Axisweb, please visit: http://bit.ly/2drUyG0
Axisweb is a UK registered charity that exists to advance the education of the public by promoting and developing the understanding and appreciation of the visual arts in the UK. In particular by extending the influence in and relevance of the visual arts in the community, by creating new opportunities and by encouraging and facilitating an increase in good practice.
Qualifications we require:
As a minimum you will hold, or be about to obtain, a Masters in the arts and humanities or the social sciences. A PhD is desirable, as is professional experience in an area cognate with socially-engaged art. A proven interest in the visual and/or performing arts is essential.
- Demonstrable understanding of qualitative research methodologies (for example, data collection and analysis using interviews and focus groups).
- Commitment to ethical standards and behaviour.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a proven ability to resolve complex and competing demands.
- £2,000 per year to spend on personal training
- Attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration)
- Opportunity to register on a higher degree (at a reduced or no cost)
- Opportunity of a permanent position with the company; 70% of host companies make a permanent job offer to their Associate at the end of the project.
- For additional information relating to the company visit http://www.axisweb.org/
Apply by submitting your CV and covering letter quoting the vacancy ref no above to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an information discussion, please contact either Dr Amanda Ravetz (email@example.com) or Mark Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Share this job