Teaching Associate/Senior Teaching Associate in the History of Economic Thought and Economics
University of Bristol - Department of Economics
|Salary:||£31,656 to £40,082 Per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||11th October 2016|
|Closes:||9th November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
School of Economics, Finance and Management
The Department of Economics at the University of Bristol is seeking to appoint a Teaching Associate or Senior Teaching Associate in the History of Economic Thought and Economics.
We are seeking a candidate who:
- can teach the History of Economic Thought at undergraduate level
- can teach core economic and quantitative undergraduate units
- can deliver research-led teaching that incorporates best pedagogic practice.
You will have:
- specialist knowledge in the History of Economic Thought and the ability to contribute to all aspects of teaching this subject.
- the ability to provide high-quality teaching to small groups across the range of core undergraduate economics and quantitative units.
- the ability to provide engaging, research-led teaching, with appropriate use of modern pedagogical methods.
- excellent organisational and administrative skills in managing modules/units.
· a Masters degree (or equivalent) in Economics or related discipline. A PhD (or equivalent) is also desirable.
The Department has a strong international reputation for research and teaching, with staff who are leaders in their field and who are based in a Faculty which is rated as one of the best in the UK.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact:
Edmund Cannon, Professor in Economics: 0117 9288401, email@example.com
Alvin Birdi, Professor of Economic Education: 0117 3310906, firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process is expected to be held on 29/30 November 2016.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South West England