Audio Production Lecturer
SAE Creative Media Institute - SAE Oxford
|Salary:||£27,500 to £30,000 depending on qualification and experience|
|Hours:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Placed on:||11th October 2016|
|Closes:||7th November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Full time or Part-time, ongoing contracts available
SAE Institute is a global organisation with 55 campuses in 28 countries. We deliver intensive and practical undergraduate degrees and fast track training programs to equip our students with industry relevant skills in Audio, Film, Animation, Games Programming, Web Development and Music Business. SAE tutors and supervisors bring industry knowledge and experience to the classroom.
Students who have finished their journey with SAE have gone on to win Grammy’s, BAFTAs and even Oscars. Our network of over 10,000 alumni form a community of engaged professionals working in a range of creative media sectors.
We are seeking to recruit a Lecturer for the Audio department at our Oxford campus. The Lecturers work within a dynamic, student-centred environment that seeks to foster open intellectual inquiry, creative expression and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
The Lecturer has a key role in providing leadership, support and coordination for the relevant academic discipline area to which they are allocated. The Lecturer will liaise with relevant academic and administrative staff to ensure the successful delivery of the programmes (modules/subjects) under their responsibility, and the effective provision of client services.
- Highest qualification of either (i) Masters in audio or a related field, or (ii) Honours degree and a PG Cert Higher Education;
- Substantial expert audio industry experience;
- Demonstrable expertise in current industry-standard audio technology including Pro Tools, Logic and Ableton
- Specialist expert knowledge in either one or more of areas (i) studio recording (ii) audio post-production
(iii) live sound and audio systems;
- Teaching experience to teach up to level 6 higher education content;
- Possess outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised and possess good time management skills;
- Demonstrated student service orientation;
- Demonstrable experience of higher education teaching in content development, delivery and assessment.
- Right to work in UK.
- Expertise in Pure Data and Audio Programming.
- Expertise in Electronics and DIY Audio.
- Ability to teach across other courses such as Music Business and Film Production.
- Ability to create and build on industry links.
- Qualification in Higher Education or fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
Refer to the position description for additional details about this role.
What we offer
You will enjoy working in a colleagiate environment surrounded by industry-experienced professionals. The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer. Enquiries and applications, including an application form, cover letter and resume, should be sent to Alexia Gonzalez, Campus Manager, email@example.com no later then 7th November.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England