Director, Integrative Thinking Program, Shantou University
Shantou University - College of Liberal Arts
£24,180 to £48,360 converted salary*
|Placed on:||11th October 2016|
|Closes:||11th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
The College of Liberal Arts at Shantou University invites applications for a position as Director of our Integrative Thinking Program. The Integrative Thinking Program (IT Program) currently teaches a required introductory course on critical thinking, creative thinking, and systems theory to all first-year students. Within the next few years, the program should refine, revise, and enhance this course, and develop one or more upper division elective courses in critical thinking, or systems-level thinking. The program consists of the director and two other faculty members who offer weekly lectures and participate in or supervise tutorial sessions, as well as a team of tutors who lead weekly tutorial sessions. In the future, this introductory course may be offered in a blended or hybrid format, with lectures delivered in an online format. The successful candidate may also teach courses in his or her discipline. The preferred start date is late February, 2017, although we will also consider candidates who can start by late August, 2017.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
The candidate’s primary responsibility is to manage, teach in, and further develop our Integrative Thinking Program. The director is responsible for developing and expanding a dynamic and forward-looking IT curriculum; leading and assessing program faculty; hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating program tutors; maintaining program records; analysis and summary of teaching quality and program effectiveness; and other program-related work as assigned by the Dean. The Director may teach undergraduate courses in his or her area of expertise.
Candidates must have a strong background in teaching and curriculum development in the areas of Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, and/or Systems Theory, and should have a PhD in Philosophy, Psychology, or a related field. Preference will be given to candidates with administrative and curriculum development experience and an active research agenda. The ideal candidate will be able to teach in both standard Chinese (putonghua or guoyu) and English, although we will consider candidates who can teach only in English or only in Chinese. Candidates with a background in technology-enhanced pedagogies or experience with blended learning environments are also encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits:
- RMB 200,000-400,000 yearly salary for Full Professor, RMB 180,000 -250,000 yearly salary for Associate Professor
- Provide health insurance with BUPA and accidental insurance with AIA
- Offer a point-to-point-round-trip economy air ticket each contract year
- Offer a Lump Sum Relocation Free of RMB50,000
- For the newly recruited faculty who are with doctoral degrees as well as senior and vice-senior professional titles, if their spouses have no jobs, the University will offer each a subsidy of RMB 2,000 per month.
How to apply:
Candidates are welcome to send the Application Form (please check attachment), two letters of reference with contact information, and the following materials to email@example.com (Landy Liu of the College of Liberal Arts), please also cc to firstname.lastname@example.org (Chang Li of HR Department):
- Cover letter (including discussion of relevant experience, job vision, expected job rank, and date of availability）
- A complete and current CV (including education, professional experience, publication and other academic experience)
- A writing sample
- Photocopies of the highest academic certificate
- Other relevant materials deemed relevant by the applicant
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East