Procurement Category Manager
University of Sheffield - Department of Finance - Procurement Team
|Salary:||£30,175 to £41,709 Grade 7|
|Placed on:||11th October 2016|
|Closes:||28th October 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Faculty: Professional Services
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Department of Finance as Procurement Category Manager working in a professional, pro-active and value adding Procurement function within the University.
The Procurement team operates on a business partnership model with aligned managers providing dedicated support for a particular purchasing category.
The primary focus of the role will be:
- Tendering for requirements
- Liaising with key stakeholders within and external to the University.
- Identifying opportunities to realise cash savings
- Managing a portfolio of contracts to ensure compliance and mitigating risks
- Accountable and responsible for a specific spend area ensuring value for money
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with previous experience of procurement. To be successful in this role you will need strong customer relationship skills and knowledge of support software such as Microsoft Office and E-Tendering portals
Share this job
Type / Role: