Quality Assurance Manager
The Royal College of Surgeons of England
|Salary:||£34,217 to £40,255|
|Placed on:||13th October 2016|
|Closes:||7th November 2016|
Do you have experience of assessment processes and a strong knowledge of associated quality assurance procedures? Would you like to build on your successful experience within either a medical or education environment by joining a well-established organisation with a proud history and a worldwide reputation? Then consider a move to the Royal College of Surgeons to take on this exciting new role within its Examination Department.
Renowned for our educational excellence and state-of-the art teaching facilities, we have been committed to enabling surgeons to achieve and maintain the highest standards of surgical practice and patient care since 1800. Our Dental and Surgical Examinations Directorate play a vital role in helping us do just that - and it is here that we need an organised and analytical Quality Assurance Manager.
Join us as Quality Assurance Manager and you will:
- Be responsible for implementing the quality assurance processes integral to running high-quality dental examinations
- Oversee the management of the question banks to ensure the appropriate volume and variety of material to ensure effective syllabus coverage in a range of examinations
- Work with Examination Board Chairs to support the effective blueprinting of examinations
- Contribute to the organisation and delivery of examiner training and standardisation exercises
- Ensure that appropriate standard setting methodology is employed for all examination components, leading on College-based standard setting exercises
- Provide guidance to Examination Boards in the review of question performance
- A degree-level education or equivalent with a proven track record in a similar role
- Substantial experience in an administrative role within medicine or education
- Experience of assessment processes including question management
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance procedures relevant to assessments
- Experience of committee work and budget setting
- The ability to work effectively within a team, sometimes on your own initiative, in a complex and fast-moving environment
A great opportunity to make the most of your skills whilst helping the trainees achieve their professional goals, with benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday and up to 4 college closure days
- Defined Benefit pension scheme
- Subsidised restaurant
For further information on this role and to apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 7th November 2016. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 14th November 2016.
We are an employer fully committed to our equality and diversity policies. We will judge you on your abilities and nothing else.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England