Immigration Compliance Manager
University of Glasgow - SS - Registry
|Salary:||£33,943 to £38,183 per annum.|
|Placed on:||13th October 2016|
|Closes:||10th November 2016|
The post-holder will be responsible for coordinating and proactively promoting the University’s compliance with UK Visas and Immigration Tier 4 sponsor duties. In addition, the post-holder will liaise with the co-ordinator of equivalent arrangements for staff to ensure a coherent and efficient interface with UKVI.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Pro-actively review and update the University’s policies, procedures and processes in order to ensure that they are in compliance with the relevant legislation and guidelines.
- To take responsibility for coordinating the operational implementation of efficient and fit-for purpose processes and procedures to meet identified compliance gaps.
- To work with other organisational units to ensure all student records are complete and up to date in terms of UKVI requirements and to ensure a robust system is in place to prevent in-eligible students from registering.
- Develop preparations for institutional audit by UKVI.
- Co-ordinate the University's annual Basic Compliance Assessment application.
- Compiling appropriate data on compliance and authoring relevant management information reports.
- To keep up to date with UKVI developments so that the University is able to react to compliance changes in a timely manner and so that relevant information is cascaded down to interested parties in the institution.
- To develop easily accessible and understandable information for students and staff.
- To deliver training on compliance-related issues to staff.
- Attend relevant training events and participate in professional networks.
- Act as Key Contact for the University’s Sponsor Licence, incorporating Tier 2, Tier 4 and Tier 5.
- Co-ordinate sponsorship of migrants who are endorsed by the University under Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur Status).
- Manage the University’s receipt, distribution and reconciliation of Biometric Residence Permits from the Home Office.
- Assist/Deputise for the Registry Senior Management Team as directed by the Director and Assistant Director of Registry.
Standard Terms & Conditions
Salary will be on the Management, Professional and Administrative Grade level 7, £33,943 - £38,183 per annum.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities’ Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
The University has been awarded the Athena SWAN Institutional Bronze Award.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.
Share this job
Type / Role: