Full-Time Research Support Officer
University of Malta - Department of Communications and Computer Engineering
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||14th October 2016|
|Closes:||30th October 2016|
European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN)
Faculty of Information & Communication Technology
- Applications are invited for a Research Support Officer to work on a project in a collaboration between the University of Malta, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Geneva, Switzerland and the Future Circular Collider (FCC) study. The research project will involve a feasibility study to determine the suitability of wireless data transmission for voice, data and video transmission in the 100 km underground tunnel of a particle accelerator. Further information about CERN can be obtained from the organisation’s website at http://home.web.cern.ch/.
- Applicants applying for the post must be in possession of a First Class or Second Upper undergraduate degree in Communications and Computer Engineering, Micro and Nano Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Physics. A Masters in Telecommunications or related area will be considered an asset. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in telecommunications, computer networks and/or radio propagation models. Additionally, knowledge of network simulation software (e.g. NS3), radio propagation simulation tools, and languages or frameworks such as C/C++, MATLAB or Python will be considered an asset. The successful candidate is expected to enrol for a Ph.D. with the Department of Communications and Computer Engineering within the University of Malta.
The University of Malta is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- The full-time post is for a period of 3 years, and carries an annual salary of €20,800. In addition, the candidate will receive a subsistence from CERN to be able to live in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Candidates should submit their letter of application, a copy of their curriculum vitae and copies of their certificates. Applications may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
Applications should be received by not later than Sunday 30th October 2016.
Late applications will not be considered.
- Further information may be obtained from the website: http://www.um.edu.mt/hrmd/vacancies
Share this job
Type / Role: