Administrative Assistant: Research & Consultancy
University of Hertfordshire - School of Life and Medical Sciences
|Salary:||£23,164 to £26,052 pro rata pa|
|Placed on:||14th October 2016|
|Closes:||28th October 2016|
FTE: This is a part time position working 25.9 hours per week (0.7 FTE)
Applications are invited for the post of Administrative Assistant.
You will be responsible for providing a range of range of administrative duties to support research and consultancy activities, management and reporting for the Centre of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Management (CAFEM) and the Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences internally and externally.
The duties will include:
- Clerking committee meetings
- Provide support and collate data in the preparation and production of documents and reports to University committees, School reporting cycles, budget reports, funding bodies etc.
- Support the collation of data and other material for: the on going Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 exercise and its submission; and, for high quality grant proposals (e.g. to research councils) and high quality outputs (e.g. papers for high impact journals).
- Support the preparation and collation of documents for validation of learning programmes in the areas of agriculture and food.
- Provide administrative support for short courses and consultancy and the generation of research and consultancy income.
You should be educated to A-level standard or equivalent, have previous experience in carrying out administrative tasks with excellent attention to detail and good organisational skills. You should also have excellent communication and IT skills preferably with experience of using, for example, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop etc. In addition, numeracy skills and the ability to manage data are required. Previous experience of providing research and consultancy administrative support would be an advantage.
Contact Details: Informal enquiries about the post should be directed to either:
The University offers a range of benefits including a pension scheme, professional development, family friendly policies, child care vouchers, a fee waiver of 50% for all children of staff under the age of 21 at the start of the course, discounted memberships at the Hertfordshire Sports Village and generous annual leave.
Apply online at http://www.herts.ac.uk/contact-us/jobs-and-vacancies
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England