Data Scientist - Machine Learning
University of Westminster - Mezzo Labs
|Salary:||£32,000 to £40,000 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary, Permanent|
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||12th December 2016|
Based at Mezzo Labs
This is an exciting position to manage an ambitious data science project. Working with industry and academic experts in machine learning, behavioural analytics, computer security and user experience, you will help Mezzo Marketing delivering a better and quicker insight of customer behaviour to marketing managers, by developing an innovative analytics application. It will bring together web analytics data, customer data, time series data, multi-source learning, UX and anomaly detection, in an environment supported by a secure and quality-assured software development model.
Good Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related subject) followed by a Masters with final project in a machine learning/analytics/data mining subject (or related subject) or equivalent industry/research experience.
The candidate must possess strong technical skills/experience in:
- Software development in multiple programming languages (e.g. Java, Python)
- Manipulation of data with meta-data
- Data analysis
- Use of a variety of machine learning algorithms and databases
- Setting up and maintaining websites
Essential skills required:
- You are a methodical worker, following quality assurance principles through all parts of a project, both as a leader and as part of a team.
- You are self-motivated, good in verbal and written communication and capable of explaining to different audiences the technical merits of algorithmic solutions and the benefits to users and operating environment.
- You enjoy being given responsibility and developing innovative solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Rapidminer, R, Weka or similar tools
- Hadoop, SQL or similar data environments
- Computer security
- Using social media for marketing
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Developing, testing and embedding software solutions using machine learning and analytics, multimedia and computer security.
- Collating and presenting project updates to senior stakeholders and colleagues at conferences and meetings.
- Producing management reports and conference/journal papers.
Opportunities available to you:
- £2k p.a. in training allowance
- 10% of your time to personal development
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
- Two ‘one week’ management residential training programmes
- Option of obtaining a CMI level 5 management qualification
About Mezzo Labs:
Mezzo Labs is one of the UK’s premier digital analytics consultancies. It is based in London and has 20 employees, the majority being analytics consultants.
It specialises in collecting, processing and analysing digital marketing data from various systems, to produce insights which improve marketing performance.
Its customers are predominantly major corporates, including Barclays, Barclaycard, TSB Bank, HSBC, M&G Investments and other insurance and asset management companies.
This post forms an integral role in a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project. It provides you with unique opportunity to be based in a company to deliver a strategic project and also have access to university expertise and support.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as applications will be reviewed and candidates interviewed on a rolling basis. The vacancy may be closed early, if a suitable candidate is selected before the closing date.
To apply for this vacancy and for information about careers and benefits at the University of Westminster, please click the following link: http://www.westminster.ac.uk/about-us/careers-westminster/vacancies
Administrative contact: Recruitment@westminster.ac.uk
We are unable to accept applications by email. Applications must be made online. CVs in isolation or incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Embracing diversity and promoting equality
Share this job
Type / Role: