Administrative Assistant (Moodle/Celcat)
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||19th December 2016|
About BIMM Institute
BIMM (British and Irish Modern Music) Institute is Europe’s leading provider of modern music education and currently runs colleges in six cities – London, Brighton, Bristol, Manchester, Dublin and Berlin. The Institute offers a full range of Higher and Further Education music courses at Degree and Diploma level, as well as a Postgraduate Teaching Course. Our series of professional, real-world focused courses includes programmes in Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals, Songwriting, Music Production, Music Business, Music Journalism and Event Management. Courses are validated by a range of Higher Educational partners including University of Sussex, Bath Spa University, Dublin Institute of Technology and University of West London.
BIMM is dedicated to enabling young people to progress from education into sustainable careers in The Music Industry.
BIMM colleges offer direct access to regular collaborative experiences, including masterclasses hosted by internationally renowned guest artists, end-of-term gigs, A&R panels, the annual BIMM album, and ongoing engagement with the industry, including work placements and internships. BIMM students also benefit from being connected to the largest alumni network in the industry, with graduate success stories including The Kooks; singer-songwriters Tom Odell, James Bay and George Ezra; and Ben Thompson from Two Door Cinema Club. Between them, BIMM alumni have won Brit and Ivor Novello awards, and have scored countless UK Top 10 albums and more than 30 UK Top 40 singles. BIMM colleges have over 6000 graduates in total, with almost 80% of these alumni currently employed in a variety of roles in the music industry, ensuring connectivity for all graduates directly into the alumni network at the very core of the industry.
Reporting to: Head of Student Services
Contractual Hours: Contractual Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
This post is based at BIMM Manchester and you will report to the BIMM Manchester Head of Student Services as well as completing tasks for the Education Department. The post holder will provide support to ensure the smooth running of the administration and exams function in Manchester. As a member of the BIMM team you will also be expected to contribute to BIMM events as required. This may include evening responsibilities at the end of term and live & lyrical gigs.
- Excellent proven ability to use Microsoft Office applications; accurate word processing and data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner with clients
- Minute-taking skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively, whilst being methodical and well-organised
- Previous administration experience in a Further/Higher Education background
- Experience using Celcat or other timetabling software (timetables)
- Previous experience working with a VLE/Online Learning Resource
- Previous experience of exam/assessment processing
- Awareness of issues in Higher Education and Quality Assurance requirements
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in administrative systems and propose solutions
- Knowledge of music/ music industry
Please follow the link to the full job description and to apply: https://bimm.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=6084e88e-f06e-4b7b-a1c9-cb94c4a0220c
Share this job
Type / Role: