Project Manager in Project and/or Programme Management in an International Environment
Tallinn University of Technology
£18,470.50 converted salary* per annum
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||6th November 2016|
Estonia is known as being highly innovative in the ICT sector. As a vibrant and modern capital, Tallinn offers excellent quality of life. Tallinn University of Technology (TUT) with its 13,500 students is the only technology university in Estonia. In 2013, it was ranked the first among the Baltic universities, according to the QS World University Rankings. The Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance (RNS) of TUT uniquely specialises on interdisciplinary research at the crossroads of public policy and economics, focusing on the role of technology in economic development as well as public service provision. The RNS is a highly internationalised Research and Innovation department (40% of faculty come from abroad).
Vacancy for Project Manager
We are looking for a Project Manager with experience in project and/or programme management in an international environment. In detail, the role is to manage the H2020 funded once-only principle project (TOOP) in correspondence with European Commission and 50 high-level organisations from 22 countries. The project's scope is to pilot the once-only principle in the European Union and beyond. The "once-only" principle assumes that collecting the same data multiple times is more expensive than sharing and reusing data that has already been collected. Thus, projects aim is to reduce the administrative burden of businesses and public administrations Tallinn University of Technology, RNS, serves as a coordinator of the project. Project's duration is 30 months.
- A minimum of MA degree in management, public administration, business administration, economics or ICT.
- Experience of project management of at least 3-5 years.
- Have confidence as a Project Manager and interest towards the Public Sector and ICT.
- Proven ability of working efficiently as a leader as part of a wider, multi-disciplinary team in a cross-functional work environment.
- Experience of working in an international complex environment where there is a wide range of parallel and mutually dependent activities.
- Experience to deliver projects on time, on budget and in scope with high quality.
- Have an aptitude for business; well-structured and result-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, that allow taking even stronger leadership of the project while interacting with a large number of stakeholders.
- High level of English language skills, other European languages would be of benefit.
- Prior experience of working with EU projects is very welcomed (e.g. FP7, H2020, Interreg).
We offer a challenging job in an organisation that is part of the global networks, possibility for personal and professional development. Join us and you will fmd a unique, democratic and international community, competitive salary, inspiring and highly supportive work environment on the crossroads of public and private sector.
Job title: Project Manager
Hours: Full time
Contract duration: 30 months
Salary: 20 500 EUR per year
Reporting to: responsible to the Project Coordinator
Application deadline: 06.11.2016 (or until the position is filled)
Time of start: as early as possible, latest 01.01.2017
Contact person: Prof. Dr. Robert Krimmer (Robert.Krimmer@ttu.ee)
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach all documents as PDF files with your name and the document type in the filename.
In addition, please provide details of two references and indicate whether we can contact them now.
Share this job
Type / Role: