Senior Scientific Advisors for UNEP DTU Partnership's Low Carbon Development Programme
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||11th November 2016|
UNEP DTU Partnership UDP is currently recruiting highly experienced and motivated senior scientific advisors with strong backgrounds in sustainable development and climate change mitigation.
The UNEP DTU Partnership (UDP) is a leading international research and advisory institution on energy, climate change and sustainable development. As a collaborating centre of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), UDP works with a large range of international entities, governments and research institutions, to assist countries on their pathways towards sustainable development. UDP has a staff of approximately 80 professionals from 20 different countries with backgrounds ranging from economics, to science, engineering, and energy planning. UDP currently implements project activities in more than 60 developing countries.
The LCD Programme is one of the four thematic programmes at UDP, which contributes to the international agreements processes by implementing activities ranging from capacity building, technical assistance, knowledge dissemination and data analysis. The LCD Programme is expanding its portfolio of projects and is looking to recruit highly motivated and experienced Senior Scientific Advisors to join a team of 16 members implementing the Programme's priority areas:
- Transformational strategies and actions towards carbon neutral economies.
- Measuring, reporting and verification (MRV) for transparency and monitoring progress of NDC implementation
- Access to international climate finance, and leveraging and redirecting private sector investments
The strategic priority areas are supported by research, policy advice and capacity building, which encompasses technical and analytical activities tailored to country’s needs in the areas of institutional and human capacity development.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The candidate is expected to contribute to the development and expansion of activities particularly within the following areas:
- Climate change mitigation and transparency, with focus on measuring, reporting and verifying of policies and actions: develop country assessments; works plans and project management.
- Nationally determined contributions: assist developing countries on planning the implementation of their initiatives and actions to meet their nationally determined contributions.
- Mitigation Policy, particularly to support the development of strategies for national low carbon development in developing countries to enable development and implementation of mitigation actions and nationally determined contributions
- Support and ensure the technical rigor of complex analytical and advisory services.
- Lead and develop high-impact publications, including technical assessments and overviews, policy briefs, and diverse papers and reports
- Generate new ideas, encourage innovative approaches and knowledge services to address climate change mitigation challenges in a developing country context.
- Initiate, contribute to and/or lead resource mobilisation activities, including project concept development and preparation of project proposals
- Manage/coordinate international climate change projects, with focus in developing countries.
- Participate in diverse and crosscutting project teams.
- Nurture and maintain networks and partnerships with national partners, international partner agencies and collaborators to ensure effective coordination and synergies.
- Represent UNEP DTU Partnership and the Low Carbon Development programme at expert group meetings, regional consultations, workshops and seminars.
How to Apply
To apply, please read the full job advertisement at www.career.dtu.dk
Application deadline: November 11, 2016 Central European Time.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,300 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.
Share this job
Type / Role: