Experts on City District Energy Systems (Readvertisement
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||11th November 2016|
The Sustainable Energy for All Partnership (SEforALL) Global Energy Efficiency Accelerator Platform (‘the Platform’) is a public-private partnership initiative to scale up energy efficiency policy, action and investment, with the aim of doubling the rate of improvement in energy efficiency worldwide by 2030. The Copenhagen Centre on Energy Efficiency (C2E2) is the global energy efficiency hub of SEforALL, and supports and coordinate activities of the Platform.
The Platform supports different sectoral Accelerators in areas such as lighting, appliances, district energy, vehicles and buildings. Each Accelerator is engaged in wider partnership building and early engagement with countries, sub-national governments and cities. The Copenhagen Centre is establishing a new team of City Energy Efficiency Experts to provide technical support, starting with a team of three district energy experts. The Experts will undertake rapid assessments for approx. 30 cities and ultimately support successful implementation of pilot projects within 3-5 cities as part of the Global District Energy in Cities initiative (DES), led by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Details of the DES can be found at www.districtenergyinitiative.org/.
Responsibilities of the District Energy Experts to be recruited include to:
- Undertake rapid assessments on the potential of district energy in selected cities;
- Undertake “deep assessments” in pilot cities that identify short and long-term technical and economic potential of district energy, analyze barriers to project development and identify potential policy options
- Prepare project pre-feasibility studies, including financial estimates
- Conduct pre-assessments of city potential and opportunities in focus regions
- Provide expert technical assistance, advice on heat or cool planning, training and other direct support to city authorities
- Develop best practice guidance for wider city use based on pilot activities
How to Apply
To apply, please read the full job advertisement at www.career.dtu.dk
Application deadline: November 11, 2016 Central European Time.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,300 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.
Share this job
Type / Role: