Lecturer in Business (HND / HNC)
Fairfield School of Business
|Salary:||£25,000 to £26,500 per annum, pro rata.|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||28th October 2016|
|Closes:||28th December 2016|
FSB was founded in 2012, and to date has educated over 2,000 students from the UK/EU. FSB is one of the fastest growing institutes in the private sector with its campus is conveniently located in Central Croydon, offering courses in HNC/HND Business.
The School is now seeking to expand further and we are recruiting for a HND/HNC Lecturer in Business.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate creative and innovative teaching and learning to students.
- Contribute towards the planning and effective running of the curriculum and department.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To teach at undergraduate and graduate level in liaison with the relevant programme and course coordinators
- To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work, course booklets and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing knowledge and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
- To provide pastoral care and support to students.
- To participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as requested.
- To contribute to departmental, faculty, or working groups or committees as requested.
- To maintain own continuing professional development.
- To actively engage in and support the internal verification process
- The post-holder shall assist in the coordination or recruitment, enrolment and induction of students
- To engage in the Quality Assurance process, and demonstrate an understanding of the regulations associated with the awarding bodies.
- To actively follow and promote FSB policies, including Equal Opportunities.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
- Masters/PhD or equivalent research profile in related field
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation
- A teaching qualification would be preferable
- Breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in your subject to develop graduate teaching
- Experience of curriculum development
- Evidence of appropriate teaching/tutoring experience and teaching/tutoring ability
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience in teaching Edexcel courses
- Experience in teaching UK/EU students
- Ability to engage the interest and enthusiasm of students
- Ability to contribute to the administrative work of the College
- Ability and commitment to work as a member of a team
How to apply: Applications for this post must include all of the following:
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the job role criteria.
Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experience match the requirements of the post.
Share this job
Type / Role: