Research Assistant / Research Associate / Research Fellow
National University of Singapore - Centre for Maritime Law
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||4th November 2016|
|Closes:||30th December 2016|
The Centre for Maritime Law (CML) at the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore, focuses broadly on international trade, transport and shipping law-related issues. It produces research and hosts events of scholarly value to academics, professionals, and government institutions with the objective of enhancing the development of commercial maritime law in Singapore, the region, and further afield.
The Centre is inviting fresh applications from suitable candidates in the field of maritime law to conduct research and to participate in the work of the Centre.
The position(s) will carry the following benefits:
- Employment on a full-time contract at NUS Law for one year, renewable for a second year, subject to satisfactory performance.
- A remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility to apply for research and conference fund allowances from CML to support attendance at academic conferences and to conduct field research, where required.
- Allocation of a lockable workstation within the Centre for Maritime Law.
The duties associated with the position(s) are as follows:
- The successful applicant will be expected to be in residence throughout the term of his or her appointment, subject to the standard NUS terms as to annual leave.
- The successful applicant will be expected to develop his or her own research agenda, including undertaking research projects on maritime law, leading to publication during his or her term of appointment. Such research may include, but is not limited to, the writing of articles for publication in refereed journals, contributing to book chapters in edited collections, and writing research papers.
- The successful candidate will also be required to present his or her research and to participate in and contribute to CML seminars and reading groups.
- The successful candidate will be expected to perform work of an editorial nature, including (i) helping with the substantive content of CML events and assisting with publications associated with events; (ii) producing CML working papers and reports, including managing manuscripts, liaising with authors, ensuring compliance with house style, and doing basic editing.
- The successful candidate will be expected to assist in CML’s research projects and initiatives, as assigned by the Director of CML.
Selection Criteria and Application Procedure
Details of selection criteria and application procedure can be found at: http://law.nus.edu.sg/about_us/pdfs/CML_Researcher_Advert_201610.pdf
All correspondence should be addressed to:
Faculty of Law
National University of Singapore
469G Bukit Timah Road, Eu Tong Sen Building
- Closing Date - The closing date for the receipt of applications and references is 30 December 2016. Late applications will not be considered.
- Shortlisting and Interview - Shortlisted applicants should expect to be interviewed in Singapore (local applicants) or via Skype (foreign applicants) by the end of January 2017. All applicants will be notified within two months from the closing date on the status of their application.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East