National University of Singapore - Centre for Maritime Law
£45,240 converted salary*
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||4th November 2016|
|Closes:||30th December 2016|
The new-established Centre for Maritime Law (CML) at the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore, focuses broadly on international trade, transport and shipping law related issues. It produces research and hosts events of scholarly value to academics, professionals, and government institutions with the objective of enhancing the development of maritime law in Singapore, the region, and further afield.
Successful applicants will commence their Fellowships at a date to be arranged and will conclude them one year later, subject to the possibility of renewal for an additional year.
The position(s) will carry the following benefits:
- Employment on a full-time contract at NUS Law for one year, renewable for a second year, subject to satisfactory performance.
- A fixed remuneration package of S$78,000. This all-in sum is inclusive of stipends for housing and living expenses.
- Reimbursement of a return economy class airfare (by the most economical and direct route) up to a maximum of S$2,000 to and from Singapore (for foreign applicants).
- Eligibility to apply for research and conference fund allowances from CML to support attendance at academic conferences and to conduct field research, where required.
- Allocation of a lockable workstation within the Centre for Maritime Law.
- The opportunity to present their research in seminars hosted by CML or by the Faculty of Law.
The duties associated with the position(s) are as follows:
- Subject to the standard NUS terms as to annual leave, Fellows will be expected to be in residence throughout the term of their appointment.
- Fellows will be expected to conduct research during the term of their appointment. Such research may include, but is not limited to, the writing of articles for publication in refereed journals, contributing to book chapters in edited collections, and preparing a monograph or other book for publication.
- Fellows will be expected to assist in the organization of colloquia, seminars, or other events for CML, as assigned by the Director of CML.
- The successful candidate will also be required to present his or her research and to participate in and contribute to CML seminars or reading groups.
Selection Criteria and Application Procedure
Details of selection criteria and application procedure can be found at: http://law.nus.edu.sg/about_us/pdfs/CML_Postdoctoral_Fellow_Advert_201610.pdf
All correspondence should be addressed to:
Faculty of Law
National University of Singapore
469G Bukit Timah Road, Eu Tong Sen Building
- Closing Date - The closing date for the receipt of applications and references is 30 December 2016. Late applications will not be considered.
- Shortlisting and Interview - Shortlisted applicants should expect to be interviewed in Singapore (local applicants) or via Skype (foreign applicants) by the end of January 2017. All applicants will be notified within two months from the closing date on the status of their application.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East