Senior Lecturer (Leadership Development)
Manchester Metropolitan University - Management
|Salary:||£40,523 to £46,924 Grade 9|
|Placed on:||9th November 2016|
|Closes:||7th December 2016|
Advert closing date:
07 December 2016
Average weekly working hours:
Renowned for fostering links with business, the Department of Management’s expertise spans the spheres of strategy, international business, innovation, enterprise and entrepreneurship, alongside the more specialist subjects of human resource management and sports management.
Staff provide academic leadership for a broad undergraduate and postgraduate portfolio as well as executive educational programmes including the Masters in Sports Directorship and Executive MBA.
The department is distinctive for its links to professional bodies including the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and the Chartered Management Institute, the Institute of Directors, meaning course content is acutely linked to the needs of today’s business environment.
This position resides in the Department of Management, which forms part of the Business School and is located in the Faculty of Business and Law. In February 2016, AACSB accredited the Business School, which is the global standard for excellence in management education. It also received the award Business School of the year 2016 from North Educate.
With nearly 70 permanent staff and responsibility for over 3000 undergraduate, postgraduate and research students, we are one of the largest Management Departments in the country.
The Management Department is host to two-research centres, Centre for People and Performance and the Centre for International Business and Innovation, both of which have a track record of conducting nationally and internationally recognised academic research, successfully delivering large funded research projects, and delivering consultancy projects for organisational clients. It also supports a thriving community of PhD students. The successful candidate will contribute to research and/or knowledge exchange in these Centres enhancing their international, national and regional reputation.
As part of the Leadership & Organisational Behaviour subject group, this role will involve designing, leading and teaching approved programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. There will be a particular focus on teaching on our Executive Programmes including the MSc in Sports Directorship delivered here in the UK and internationally. Commitment to and engagement with appropriate professional bodies and stakeholders forms part of the role.
There is an expectation that the appointed person will enhance the Department’s reputation in the field of Leadership Development through business engagement, research publications, conference papers, and engaging in REF type impact activities with practitioners and policy-makers. The successful candidate will help contribute to the business engagement and research culture within the Department.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD (or very close to completion) in an area relevant to the post
- An accredited coaching qualification
- Sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge to inform teaching, programme development, research and identify new research areas within the cognate discipline
- Ability to contribute to the overall enhancement and development of the Department’s provision of programmes
- Excellent teaching experience at all levels particularly on postgraduate and executive programmes
- A willingness to teach on programmes delivered internationally
- Publication profile (at or developing toward a quality grade 3 and above as defined by the UK’s REF 2014)
- Experience in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Experience in disseminating knowledge arising from research or knowledge exchange to various audiences and stakeholders.
Share this job
Type / Role: